We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camera/Electronics Help!

dc
12 posts
Save Topic
Camera/Electronics Help!

My husband and I took a sunset cruise yesterday and unfortunately did not put our camera away soon enough. It appears to have some salt damage and is our only camera for the trip. We will see if it is possible to fix once we get back to the US, but for now would like to purchase another digital camera. Can anyone recommend a good place for us to go? We are staying in Oia, but are willing to go to Fira. Any help would be appreciated!

Houston
Level Contributor
947 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camera/Electronics Help!

We had a similar tragedy last year and needed fast camera help. We asked around and were told of a camera shop in Fira. They were very nice and helpful and one of the workers helped us salvage my daughter's pictures and stored them on a CD for us. I can't remember the name of it, but it was across the main street - away from all the shops and restaurants - down a couple of blocks. I'm sure one of the locals will check in and tell you the name and definitely better directions than I just gave, but just wanted to let you know there was at least one great camera shop there in Fira. I wish you good luck. I know what it feels like to think your pictures are gone. I hope everything works out for you!

dc
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Camera/Electronics Help!

Thanks for the eesponse, and luckily our SD card made it and we have all our pictures. Now we are just in need of another device to take them with. Do they sell cameras there as well?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,357 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camera/Electronics Help!

There's a small camera/film shop in Oia very close to where the pathway splits off to go to the sunset, also near to the Lotza Restaurant. It's a few steps down, sort of a half-basement shop.

In Fira, where the main road coming downhill from Oia and Firostefani turns to one-way and you have to turn left at the village square--after you turn left, downhill about 1/3 of the way towards the street below, is a good computer/camera store on the right side of the street.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camera/Electronics Help!

There is a camera shop in Kamari as well, I would guess it would be significantly cheaper than one in Oia. Its called digital 'something' (I think) and is right on the main road that runs right along the beach so its easy to find.

5. Re: Camera/Electronics Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Fira
Recent Conversations