We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Traveler needs Advice!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Single Traveler needs Advice!

I am a in my mid-20's and looking to travel alone. I would love to know some things to do while in Santorini. I plan to stay in Firostefani, I might go out to a club for a night or two...but I am really looking to enjoy the true beauty of Santorini. I want to get out, walk, take pictures, see local culture, do a hike, etc. What are some great places I can see that will be in walking distance or easy to take transportation to? I also want to do a winery, what is a good one? And lastly I would like some ideas on resturaunts that are delicous yet affordable. Thanks so much!

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Traveler needs Advice!

Hi!

This island is so small, that you can go almost to everywhere by foot.

I recommend you to go Old Thira, what is on top of the Big Rock between Kamari and Perissa. It is a nice place to take pictures, you can see the whole island from up there.

The, the second nicest place to take pictures is the volcano.

About transportation so much, that if you are over 21 and have car license, at least a year, then tou can rent a car, other way can drive by bus, what are going from Fira.

Food is good almost everywhere. I have eat in Firostefani too, but I do not remember the name of this place. But I have staid in Perissa. There is a very nice place.

So, take some tour around the island. it is so small island and you would not be sorry.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Traveler needs Advice!

The whole island is a photographer's dream. You will not stop taking photos the whole time you are there! Oia is the most beautiful and architecturally authentic village. Pyrgos is also very good for photos. Mornings before all the visitors are out and about are best for photography, but sunset time is spectacular too because of the color changes on all the whitewashed buildings.

You can hike to Oia along the cliffs between Firostefani and Oia. The island has an excellent bus system. There are several wineries. Here is a link to a list of the wineries. http://directory.santorini.net/85.html

In Firostefani go to the Aktaion Restaurant on the pathway, it's cheap and very good. In Oia try Neptune, Skala, Laokasti and Thomas Grill. In Fira try Posidon, near the main square and taxi station.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single Traveler needs Advice!

Thanks sooo much for the advice...I am very excited:)

4. Re: Single Traveler needs Advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 18:17