We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Franco's bar/cafe

Which Fira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
361 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Franco's bar/cafe

My wife and I are staying at the Asteras villas in May and would quite fancy a trip to Franco's bar, but having great trouble locating it on a map.

Can someone please tell me where it is? Even better if you can tell me where it is in relation to the Asteras villas?

Many thanks.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Franco's bar/cafe

It's right on the caldera rim, you can't miss it. I'm sure someone will post a link to some photos if you wait long enough.

From Gold Street (I think it's called), you'll see Cafe Select (avoid, very bad reviews and reputation), walk down some steps to the caldera rim and there it is. Be prepared to pay through the nose for the priviliege of drinking there, just a warning, it's expensive.

Martin

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,842 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Franco's bar/cafe

Aghh ! Just lost my response into the ether. Let's try again . . .

OK, there are two Franco cocktail bars on Santorini, however, they're separately owned and not part of a chain. How I understand it is the original version was started by a chap call Franco Colombo - thanks internet :). That one is in Fira.

http://www.francos.gr/

However, he's now sold this and has begun another version up at the citidel in Pyrgos. So, the original location is in Fira, but the creator is in Pyrgos.

cntraveller.com/guides/…where-to-eat

I've drunk in both of them. In 2007, I had a vodatini in Fira and even then, it cost €17 - although it came with a bowl of 'nibbles' and was very, very good.

In 2010, I had a Kir Royale (or two) in Pyrgos and enjoyed that. Unfortunately, the weather early in June that year wasn't very warm, it was a bit overcast and the sunset wasn't all that good. But I'd give it another try later in the year. The view is still spectacular and its certainly quieter than the Fira version.

Fira will be more accessible to you, but Pyrgos is well worth a visit (both for the village and Franco's).

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
361 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Franco's bar/cafe

Cheers for the replies.

It does look really nice but €17 is frankly a bit ridiculous.Unless they've joined the real world we'll give it a miss.

I will check Pyrgos out however, cheers for that.

4. Re: Franco's bar/cafe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2014, 06:16