We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner reservations

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
291 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner reservations

Apologies if this has already been answered, but I did not find anything on this...

We are coming to Santorini for 3 nights in the middle of high season (late July) and would like to make the most of our 3 dinners on the island. Is it recommended to make advanced reservations for restaurants in any of the 4 more popular towns with sunset views? I imagine everyone trying to crowd for the best seats and since we only have 3 nights, we want to make sure we don't miss out if we don't make reservations. How far in advance should we reserve?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,988 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner reservations

In July reservations at many of those restaurants with a view will be difficult to get, so the sooner you choose your restaurants and the sooner you should make your reservations the better. Some of them have websites for doing this, or you can perhaps ask your hotel manager to assist you as soon as the restaurants start taking names.

Edited: 11 March 2013, 03:32
London
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner reservations

Pam, brotherleelove, Are there any restaurants in each town you would recommend? I too am only staying in Satorini for three nights (but in May). Thank you!

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
992 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner reservations

Click on the restuarant tab on the relevant forum there are hundreds of recommendations to read thru.

Personally in Fira the restauarant Saltsa always stays in my mind as a "must visit again"

WWW.SALTSA.GR

London
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner reservations

Thanks Greekamirer. In case it wasn't evident, i'm new to Tripadvisor!!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,988 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner reservations

Kastro in Oia for dinner at sunset: http://www.kastro-ia.gr/en/home.html

Koukoumavlos in Fira

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner reservations

hello to all!!there are many restaurants to choose so it depends on what you want!Saltsa is a very nice restaurant but has NO view at all !!the restauratns on the cliff are a little more expensive but some worth it !!!!Feredini is a very nice place in Oia and Ochre Bistrot is also great as it has sunset view (there are places in Oia that do not have sunset view!!) In Fira there is Spinx which is very centrally located,and Argo ,which is more like a traditional greek tavern with fantastic view though!!i am sure you will enjoy your stay in all the places !!

7. Re: Dinner reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 05:15