We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NO morning departures to Santorini???

Which Fira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oudtshoorn, South...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
NO morning departures to Santorini???

.. My whole tour is already planned. I thought 2 days (one night) in Santorini would be enough. It seems my only direct option of going from Mykonos to Santorini is by ferry. HELLENIC SEAWAYS is only arriving @ santorini 17:35. I thought there would be some morning departures but it seems there are none :( My hotel at Canavas Oia Suites is pre - booked and so is my flights ect. So what should i do now? Flying back to Athens again the next day 20:25. ANy suggestions on what i should do in so little time? Top hot spots.. ? Something.. OOPs

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,511 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NO morning departures to Santorini???

Hi snapfish24 and welcome in TA and Greece forums :)

Seajets ( http://www.seajets.gr/ ) also offer a direct service, departing Mykonos at 10.15am and arriving at Santorini at 12.15pm. They had some delays / cancellations last year, so i 'd prefer Hellenic Seways, still it is an earlier - arriving alternative depending your dates. It's a smaller catamaran, still it can be used as an alternative.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NO morning departures to Santorini???

What time of year are we talking about?

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,511 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NO morning departures to Santorini???

Indeed.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: NO morning departures to Santorini???

Actually the exact date would be nice. Ferry schedules vary even from day to day, let alone month to month or season to season.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
6,978 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: NO morning departures to Santorini???

There is still a possibility that FlyingCat 3 will be redeployed on that route in summer 2013, offering another option. Last summer it ended its season early with engine troubles, but is now back in Piraeus on winter layup. Last summer, until the breakdown, it left Mykonos at 09:50 and arrived Santorini at 12:20. If it is used again this year it will likely be only during high season, or may do a different route entirely. Hellenic Seaways is usually slow in releasing its summer timetables, and sometimes changes them later.

Oudtshoorn, South...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NO morning departures to Santorini???

Departing from Mykonos on the 23rd of June (Sunday)

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: NO morning departures to Santorini???

Unless the FC3 makes a come back this year you do not have much choice. You can take the Superjet at 14:50 (arriving at Santorini 20 minutes earlier than the HS FC4 - at least theoretically earlier that is given its punctuality record), or the Seajet2 to Paros and change to the Blue Star arriving in Santorini at 14:50

www.gtp.gr/RoutesResults.asp…

www.gtp.gr/RoutesResults.asp…

Edited: 11 March 2013, 12:17
Essex
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: NO morning departures to Santorini???

Flying Cat 4 drops its Ios stops on 21st June this year; in most years Flying Cat 3 has come into service at the same time, so there's a good chance that it it runs this year it will be running on the 23rd.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: NO morning departures to Santorini???

No problem. Take the 9:45am morning ferry from Mykonos to Paros in 45 minutes. Catch the Blue Star ferry going to Santorini at Noon. This gives you the experience of entering Santorini's Caldera from the deck of an open ship instead of seeing it for the first time through the salt-glazed windows of a catamaran.

Oudtshoorn, South...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NO morning departures to Santorini???

Thank you guys... Much appreciated ;)