We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Fira to Akrotiri

iasi
14 posts
Save Topic
from Fira to Akrotiri

How to get from the port in Akrotiri? To visit Fira and Oia from Akrotiri is necessary to rent a car?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,988 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from Fira to Akrotiri

The island has an excellent bus system but the port bus only goes to Fira, and sometimes to Perissa and Kamari in High Season.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,064 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from Fira to Akrotiri

Here is the bus timetable (more will be added in summer). www.ktel-santorini.gr

As BBL says, the port bus only goes to Fira, which is the transportation hub of the island.

iasi
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: from Fira to Akrotiri

Thanks for the reply.

I just want to visit the island in two days, not worrying about doing the beach. Planning a trip in July. Akrotiri is advisable accommodation in or near Fira. I could deal with means of transport or will you recommend a car?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,988 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from Fira to Akrotiri

I recommend a car. July is crowded on the buses and Akrotiri is very remote. But understand that finding parking for a car in July can be a challenge. If you can ride a scooter or ATV it is easy to move around.

5. Re: from Fira to Akrotiri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 05:17