We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet hotel in Fira?

Which Fira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto Ontario
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Quiet hotel in Fira?

My husband and I are travelling to Santorini in mid-September. I have booked us a room at the Pantelia Suites in Fira, but have since read a lot of comments about Fira being noisy. Could someone who knows this accommodation give me advise on this? My main concern is that it be quiet at night.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet hotel in Fira?

There are no bars or restaurants nearby the Pantelia Suites that would generate noise at night.

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
901 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet hotel in Fira?

Fira is the main town and bound to busy and indeed noisy to some degree. However I have stayed in excellent accommodation just a few yards from the main bus/taxi rank in Fira and never once considered it noisy.

We stayed at Caldera studios in 2012 a similar location to where you have booked. It was so quiet and idyllic we enjoyed the evening chilling on our balcony listening to the quiet background music from the various restaurants above us from Fira town.

Enjoy Fira and personally don't feel you need to worry about excessive noise.

Edited: 22 January 2014, 21:22
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,190 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet hotel in Fira?

Whilst its true that Fira can be busy and crowded. However, there are pockets of the town that are a peaceful oasis.

Enjoy the quiet of your hotel and yet easy access to restaurants, shopping and transportation hub.

Edited: 22 January 2014, 21:40
Essex, United...
Level Contributor
901 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet hotel in Fira?

Villa Roussa we stayed right next to the taxi rank not Caldera Studios which was a separate holiday . Not sure I confused my original answer that's all.... Just for the record...

Toronto Ontario
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet hotel in Fira?

Thank you so much for your quick replies!! I feel much better about my choice of hotel now. It looks like a beautiful hotel and now I know we will be able to enjoy the location!

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiet hotel in Fira?

It's a very nice hotel and will be relatively quiet even in high season. Other hotels nearby are Aroma Suites and Noni's Apartments, also quiet for being in Fira!

Ingela

7. Re: Quiet hotel in Fira?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 05:20