We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry and overnight stay santorini

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry and overnight stay santorini

How easy is it to get a ferry from crete and to stay overnight in Santorini without pre -booking accommodation? Is there anyway of per booking a one night stay 4 or 5 days in advance?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,296 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry and overnight stay santorini

There will be locals with rooms to let meeting the ferry.

You can call ahead to pre-chosen hotels to ask about availability.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,680 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry and overnight stay santorini

First question is, are you from the UK ? makes a difference with direct flights thus easier to keep Santorini for another time.

The local travel agencies on Crete can probably help with accommodation and the ferry tickets, they do charge commission though they may say otherwise. 1/2 night stays have a surcharge of about 10%-20% ish.

There are rooms on offer at the port on Santorini, however if you don't know the island rather hard to sort out the places that are conveniently placed.

You can buy ferry tickets at the port subject to capacity which maybe limited at peak times/hi-season. During the latter means pre-booking.

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry and overnight stay santorini

Thanks - hoped someone might tell me it's as I remember - locals with rooms - 30 years have gone by since. Going to turn up and take my chances.

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry and overnight stay santorini

Cheers - going to chance it on the cat from crete - have a memory to revisit from youth- looks like I have a chance!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,680 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry and overnight stay santorini

OK then no problem, not a lot has changed in those 30 years only that the amount of out of town accommodation has increased a lot, hence the comment about sussing the potentials exact location.

6. Re: Ferry and overnight stay santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 04:20
Get answers to your questions about Fira
Recent Conversations