We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour package to Kamari Beach, Ancient of Thera

Which Fira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Tour package to Kamari Beach, Ancient of Thera

Hi everyone,

I'll be staying at El Greco Hotel (Fira) this April.

Does anyone know if theres any Tour Desk available in Fira where I could purchase a half day tour package from Fira to Kamari Beach & Ancient of Thera?

What is the itinerary like and approximately how much is the Tour package?

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,685 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour package to Kamari Beach, Ancient of Thera

I don't know if there are any actual tours available, but you don't really need one anyway.

Simply get the bus from Fira down to Kamari beach, then walk up the hill to Ancient Thira (the site, like other archeological sites, museums etc. all over Greece are closed on Mondays).

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour package to Kamari Beach, Ancient of Thera

Alright thanks for your advice. If I take a bus from Fira to Kamari and i would like to return back to Fira, i can take the same bus from where i drop off right?

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,685 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour package to Kamari Beach, Ancient of Thera

Right

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,685 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour package to Kamari Beach, Ancient of Thera

I don't know if you're aware, but the El Greco is about 1.5km outside of Fira, on the main road into the village.

There may be a bus stop nearby the hotel, I don't know. If not, you may have to go into Fira itself and the main bus station. On the way back from Kamari, if you tell the bus conductor where you're staying, they may be able to stop the bus outside the El Greco - if not, you may have to go into Fira and then walk back.

Just something to be aware of due to the location of the El Greco.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour package to Kamari Beach, Ancient of Thera

The bus timing for april will be every 1hr interval right?

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,685 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour package to Kamari Beach, Ancient of Thera

I've no idea - you'll have to wait until you get there and pick up the current timetables. Your hotel should be able to provide you with a paper copy to carry around with you at all times.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,637 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour package to Kamari Beach, Ancient of Thera

If you can, call at the office at the bus depot - they sometimes have a paper copy you can take away (sometimes they've run out).

There are meant to be current timetables posted at the various bus stops, but they're not always there, so its helpful to have one on you.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,083 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour package to Kamari Beach, Ancient of Thera

April is out of season so probably not hourly buses. They change schedules at like 2 week intervals so you have to pickup a timetable whilst on the island.

If you don't want to walk, Kamari tours also operate a minibus from Kamari Beach football ground to Ancient Thera. Again you will have to ask whilst there whether that is running that early in the season.

Using the island Buses you can take a bus to Kamari Beach walk up to Ancient Thera and down the other side to Perissa and take the bus back, a round trip. Ancient Thera site closes Mondays and after 15:00 on the other days.

The El Greco on my map is 0.7 Km south from Fira bus station so no worries there, only 10-15 min walk.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour package to Kamari Beach, Ancient of Thera

By the way, I found this timetable schedules from http://www.ktel-santorini.gr/ . For Spring season, will they follow Winter bus timing?

Anyway, If I want to go to Oia from Imerovigli , can I take a bus from Imerovigli?

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,637 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour package to Kamari Beach, Ancient of Thera

Yes, buses departing Fira will call at Imerovigli on the way.