We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moving to Plattsburgh

Panama City Beacj
10 posts
Save Topic
moving to Plattsburgh

I am considering applying for a position in Plattsburgh, can I get some honest feedback about what the city and area is like? Is it an ok place for a young, educated professional? Is the downtown nice or beatup. Is it a good walking downtown. What are the area folks like, cool or a bunch of drunks:)

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: moving to Plattsburgh

Moved here a couple of years ago, and I like the place. It's as nice a town of 20,000 as you're likely to find. For those of us who're adults with kids, we like the lack of crime and traffic, the proximity to Montreal, Burlington, and Boston, skiing, Lake Champlain in the summer. I teach at the college, and my students seem to think there is enough to keep them entertained. If you want good shopping, concerts, etc... you'll need to head to Burlington or Montreal, both of which are about an hour away. Downtown is nice, and easy to walk around. IfF it weren't for the college, I suppose the place would be redneck-ville, but kids from elsewhere and the professors provide just a smidge of cosmopolitanism. That being said, I'm not sure if it would appeal to young professionals unless you're willing to head to Lake Placid, Montreal, etc... on the weekends. There is no shopping of note, only 1 movie theatre, and few of the restaurants are of note. I sum, it's great place to live if you like outdoor activities and don't need city attractions just out your door.

Plattsburgh, NY
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: moving to Plattsburgh

I'd be glad to discuss the area in detail with you. I sell Real Estate in Plattsburgh and I know the outlying areas very well. Check out my website:

www.plattsburghhomes.com

Please give me a call if you'd like.

3. Re: moving to Plattsburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 02:15