We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my friend Mark Renaud

Which Plattsburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boerne, Texas
12 posts
Save Topic
my friend Mark Renaud

I miss my friend MARK RENAUD very much. He was a San Antonio Police Officer for 4 years. I would like some information on him if any one remembers him from the police dept, of Plattsburgh. I sure would like for someone to get ahold of me and send me information to my email. If there are pictures of him that I do not have please send them to me if you would. I am VERY GOOD FRIEND OF HIS. He lived in my apartment complex.. Thank you for your cooperation.

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: my friend Mark Renaud

Your message reminds me of a line from "Field of Dreams": If you were such a good friend, you'd know where he lives!

This is the e-mail address for the Plattsburgh Police department... you can e-mail them and see if they reply! I doubt they would give out any information, but if you really are a long-lost friend, give them your name and info on how he can reach you and he may return the message.

racicotd@plattsburghpd.com

Boerne, Texas
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: my friend Mark Renaud

I want to say that he used to live in Plattsburgh fo rmany years before he moved to san antonio to become a police officer. He moved into my apartment complex back in the year of 1991, and i moved in with my husband 2001, and that is when we met MARK RENAUD. He was our security officer, and he also worked for the police department, and he had tolds us that he ahd a brain tumor, aaand cancer. He was the first one to the scene when we got robed in our apartment. He looked out for us ever since. And then his mom came down to live with him during this roough time that he was having. The last remaining years of his life, we spoke and talked to mark every night and every time that he came buy our apartment to check on us. I gave him a crystal cross, that would let him remind him of us. And when my husband had to work at night, mark always made an effort to come byu to make sure i was ok. He was my hero, my savour, my best friend. He was like a second father to me. I spoke at his memorial service here in san antonio back in the month of july. I did not get to say good bye to my friend. I wish that i could of been there at his memorial service, there in plattsburgh. But i was never told, but I was told by one of his best friends. And the commanding officer of my friend MARK RENAUD ask me to speak on behalf of the apartmetn complex. I started to cry. I would like more pictures of my friend. I would like to come up there and meet his colleagues that he worked with up there. But I can not afford it. Please help me if you can to get a closure. I all I am asking if someone can help me to get to his grave site where he is buried. I want to lay some flowers. to let him know that i am still around and that i miss him very deeply. I carry his picture with me every where i go. Take care.

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: my friend Mark Renaud

Your first post was not clear. I'm sorry for your loss. I copied and pasted the Obituary from the Plattsburgh paper below. You should be able to contact his family through the funeral home mentioned. I'm sure his family would appreciate your fond memories. If you don't have any luck there, I'd suggest that you drop an e-mail to the address I put in the last post. I would ask the police department if they would be willing to forward a letter or card to Mark's family if you mailed one. It sounds like he was a great guy!

---------------

Mark R. Renaud

Plattsburgh ��� Officer Mark R. Renaud, 42, of the San Antonio Police Department, began his patrol of the road of our Lord on Saturday, April 17, 2004. He waged his courageous battle against cancer for over 3 years. He was with his mother, Beverly M. Renaud, brother, Philip Renaud and sister, Sharon Renaud Carter at the time of his passing.

He is predeceased by his beloved father, Robert A. Renaud, retired USAF and his beloved brother, PFC. Bruce W. Renaud Carter, a Congressional Medal of Honor recipient awarded Posthumously, Vietnam.

He is survived by his mother, Beverly M. Renaud (Plattsburgh, N.Y.); five sisters, Kathleen Renaud-Guay (Gansevoort, N.Y.), Sharon Renaud-Carter (Goshen, N.Y.), Melissa Renaud-Kercher (Virginia Beach, Va.), Susan Renaud (Wynantskill, N.Y.) and Pamela Renaud Carter (Hollywood Beach, Fla.); and three brothers, Craig Renaud (Albany, N.Y.), Philip Renaud (Plattsburgh, N.Y.), and Christopher Renaud, United States Army, (Fort Huachuca, Ariz.).

Mark graduated from Mount Assumption Institute. Following a family tradition, he began his service to his country in 1979 by enlisting in the Air Force and started his career in law enforcement retiring in 1995 as a tech sergeant. He was the recipient of the Air Force Commendation Medal with bronze oak leaf cluster, Air Force Achievement Medal with bronze oak leaf cluster, the Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two bronze oak leaf clusters, the Air Force overseas long tour ribbon, Air Force Longevity Service Award with two bronze oak leaf clusters, small arms expert marksmanship ribbon with three bronze service stars, the service ribbon for support of Operation Desert Storm, as well as numerous other awards and citations.

Mark began his law enforcement career with the San Antonio Police Department in 1996, at the age of 35. His final assignment was with the North Substation, 13030 Jones Maltsberger, San Antonio, Texas.

He became an exemplary police officer starting as president of his Police Academy Training Class in 1996. Although the oldest of his class, he tied in the physical fitness superior achievement phase of the 26-week training program. Mark made friends with all of his fellow officers. He was a physical fitness expert and through his excitement with life, empowered many fellow officers to consider regular workout routines. He is the recipient of the Advancement Police Officer Certificate and the Distinguished Service Award. This award is only given to a member of the department, who in the course of his duties and while interacting with his peers, superiors and public, displays exceptional dedication to his profession and to the department. The last award based upon Mark's inspirational battle with cancer, his attendance at work in spite of undergoing the debilitating effects of chemotherapy. He will be missed and loved by all those lives he touched.

Calling hours will be 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Brown Funeral Home in Plattsburgh. Funeral will be 11 a.m. Friday at St. Peter's Church, 114 Cornelia, Plattsburgh, NY.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests contributions are made to the San Antonio Police Association.

Boerne, Texas
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: my friend Mark Renaud

Thank you for sending me this information. I needed this becasuse it shows me how much Mark really knew , and how special he was when he was alive. I can't think of a better person to have as a role model. I carry his picture with me everywhere I go, because I want him to know that he is very special to me,and my husband. He was always there, when something happened. He made you feel that everything was going to be ok, and that he would get to the bottom of the trouble that happened. He would never leave me until we knew what had happened and what the police departmetn was going to do , to catch the person that robbed us in our apartment. Mark was there til the very end. But the thing is i never got to say good bye. I miss him very much. How do i get mark's mom's address, so that I can keep in touch with her? I have a few stuffed animals that I had donated in his name and his memory. I sure would like to meet the commanding officer that mark had there in plattsburgh new york. I t would mean a lot to me. Thank you for writing back. I hope to have more feedback very soon.

Michelle Allen

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: my friend Mark Renaud

I live in Massachusetts and have never been to Plattsburgh, NY. I'm sorry I can't help you there. Plattsbugh is not that large, so it shouldn't be too difficult to track down a family member. You could try the funeral home mentioned in the obit. (Brown's funeral home) or the police e-mail I mentioned in the previous post (racicotd@plattsburghpd.com). Good luck.

Boerne, Texas
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: my friend Mark Renaud

thank you for at least keping up with my email about my friend mark renaud. I hope that some day I will find the answers that I am looking for. I will find the answers i am looking for when the time is right. Thank you any way.

Boerne, Texas
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: my friend Mark Renaud

If there is someone out there that can help me answer some questions about my friend Mark Renaud, please let me know. I sure do miss him. He use to live in the same partment complex before he was moved back to plattsburgh to die with his family. He was a sana ntonio polic eofficer and a security office rfor our apartment complex. I miss him dearly. I sure would like to see his grave site.

Virginia
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: my friend Mark Renaud

PS:

He never worked for the police department in Plattsburgh.

Virginia
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: my friend Mark Renaud

Dear friend of Mark

I am a dear friend of Mark's. I would be glad to pass along a message to his mom for you. His family is still grieving from losing him and I would not be comfortable giving you their address. Just let me know.

Robin

Virginia
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: my friend Mark Renaud

Dear friend of Mark

I am a dear friend of Mark's. I would be glad to pass along a message to his mom for you. His family is still grieving from losing him and I would not be comfortable giving you their address. Just let me know.

Robin