We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

plattsburg to montreal

1 post
Save Topic
plattsburg to montreal

what is the easiest and not too expensive way to get from platsburg airport to montreal? and does a family need a car in montreal?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: plattsburg to montreal

I would rent a car if you can or if you are not staying directly in downtown montreal

I live in New Jersey and stop constantly in plattsburgh on my trips to montreal so i can help. There are a few options here: Note you are crossing an international border from New York into Canada

If you are staying directly downtown then you can can take a very short cab right to the amtrak station to downtown where you will not need a car. The train only runs once per day or else you could take a cab to the greyhound stop which runs quite often as its a stop on the New York City-montreal buses which run quite a few times each day also takes you right downtown but its literally a stop no station so i would wait at the airport. The buses are very nice operated by a seperate carrier not greyhound and most look brand new on the ny-montreal run but you still book thru greyhound. its trailsny.com i think that operates the route

Bronx, New York
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: plattsburg to montreal

What is the best route to get to the Plattsburgh-Montreal border crossing from the Bronx, NY? What kind of documentation do you need?

colorado
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: plattsburg to montreal

The easiest route is amtrak from NY penn station to montreal or greyhound from port authority to Montreal downtown. The bus is actually faster but the train is more scenic. either is pretty cheap.

The bus will give you multiple options theres usually 10-11 a day so tons of time options and no transfers same bus. the train only runs once a day but the views are awesome and the way to go if you have no time constraints.

You will need a passport to enter canada no matter what you do

4. Re: plattsburg to montreal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2015, 21:16