We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight parking in Poughkeepsie

Which Poughkeepsie hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Syracuse
1 post
Save Topic
Overnight parking in Poughkeepsie

I want to park my car for several days in a lot and take the train into NYC. Is this possible in Poughkeepsie? If so, is it safe? If not, is there another station that offers such parking?

NY
Level Contributor
774 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight parking in Poughkeepsie

I know Metro North has a parking lot and it is not very expensive. I can't really speak for the safety in Poughkeepsie. I know there is police presence at the parking lot in Beacon but I would still have some kind of safety device.

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight parking in Poughkeepsie

I didn't even know there is a Poughkeepsie forum, otherwise, I would have answered this sooner. I'm a lifelong resident of Poughkeepsie.

There is a covered parking deck at the Poughkeepsie train station. It is a good place to leave your car as the lot is patrolled. I have left my car there overnight when I have stayed in NYC. There is a parking fee for weekdays ($2.50 per day), but no fee for weekends. You pay by machine and receive a receipt.

Even though the deck was built just a few years ago and can hold more than 700 cars, it fills quickly, due to the rise in the number of daily commuters going to NYC. Early morning or late afternoon/early evening are your best bets to find a space.

NYC
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight parking in Poughkeepsie

I would love to find a place to leave my car during the week close to the train station in Poughkeepsie. If anyone has a space to rent let me know! Thanks!

crowekeith@hotmail.com

4. Re: Overnight parking in Poughkeepsie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 10:18