We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been to Country Inn Suites

Which Queensbury hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
12 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone been to Country Inn Suites

Hi,

We are planning a vacation stay in Lake George, I am looking at hotel options, Came across the Country Inn & Suites in Queensbury. I was wondering has anyone been there how is? Is it far from the attractions Ex great escape? Is there a beach nearby? Restaurants? I am travelling with 2 and 4 yr old. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been to Country Inn Suites

Haven't stayed there, but the proximity to the Great Escape is excellent, and, more importantly, Martha's Ice Cream is directly across the street! Yum!

There is a roller coaster from the theme park directly next to the hotel, so I would check the reviews regarding noise issues, just in case. It is a short walk to the park entrance, and a short drive to a great restaurant on Glen Lake called the Docksider. Have fun!

Level Contributor
1,909 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone been to Country Inn Suites

Haven't stayed there, but family members have and loved it. Very clean, walk to the park (and not have to pay for parking). As far as the beach, etc., you will need to drive. Million Dollar Beach in LG is very clean and family oriented. You pay to park, but beach admission is free. Martha's ice cream is by far the best and it's right across the street from Country Inn. The drive to the village, beach, boat cruises, etc. is not far away. You will have traffic going through the outlets, or hop back onto the highway and get off the next exit to avoid that.

Montreal, Canada
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone been to Country Inn Suites

Hi,

Is it true that you hear the roller coaster from this hotel?

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone been to Country Inn Suites

I was at Martha's yesterday, and took a closer look. The roller coaster doesn't seem too close. (i.e. there are trees and space between the park and the hotel.) You can check the reviews and/or call the hotel directly to ask if there are noise issues. It looks like a lovely hotel.

Level Contributor
1,909 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone been to Country Inn Suites

I asked my family members that stayed there and they said they did not hear the roller coaster and that was in fact quiet inside the hotel. I haven't stayed there personally, so can't confirm. Don't forget the Great Escape isn't really open late either - I think the latest is 9pm and that is only on Sat.

Montreal, Canada
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone been to Country Inn Suites

Thanks for the info, I made my reservations today. I will let you know how it is. Hopefully it will be ok.

7. Re: Has anyone been to Country Inn Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Queensbury