We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LeRoy Jello Museum - What Did I Miss?

Which Rochester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
14,245 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
LeRoy Jello Museum - What Did I Miss?

Unfortunately, I did not know about the Jello Museum in LeRoy while I was planning my trip, and how close it is to Rochester. It would have been right on my way from Niagara Falls back to Palmyra.

In case I go back someday, is it worth a visit?

If you collect Olympic Games souvenirs, you may recall that during the Salt Lake Winter Games, one of the most wanted mementos was the Green Jello pin. Jello is often called the official state snack of Utah, which has the highest per capita consumption in the U.S. I have many friends there and I think it would be a gas to be able to tell them about this museum and show them pictures!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
14,245 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LeRoy Jello Museum - What Did I Miss?

< Sigh > Just found out about another unique site that I missed, and it was also right on my route: the Kazoo Museum in Eden NY, not far from Buffalo.

I guess I really am gonna have to make another trip to upstate New York. Someone tell me these places are worth another trip. And are there any more like them nearby? Somehow I'll squeeze another visit to Palmyra in around these world-class attractions.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LeRoy Jello Museum - What Did I Miss?

I have been to the Jello museum. It was the most boring place i have ever been. It is in an old house, and the museum takes up about 1 room.

This was very disappointing. I went with a group of about 8 friends.

Rochester, New York
Destination Expert
for Rochester
Level Contributor
433 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LeRoy Jello Museum - What Did I Miss?

I'll second the last poster. If you're really into offbeat museums, by all means go, but I stopped by once and frankly it made so little impression on me that I don't recall much about it. Just a room with some memorabilia in it.

4. Re: LeRoy Jello Museum - What Did I Miss?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 14:16