We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jazz Fest '08

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Jazz Fest '08

Hope one of you helpful Rochester TA advisors or someone traveling to Rochester for the jazz fest will share impressions and travel tips related to the event. Because of our own calendar, we needed to come for our visit over Memorial Weekend but would like to get to RJF someday.

Mentioned in this post
Rochester
Rochester
Finger Lakes, NY
Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jazz Fest '08

No jazz enthusiasts on the TA Rochester forum?

Mentioned in this post
Rochester
Rochester
Finger Lakes, NY
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jazz Fest '08

I'm currently in the process of moving (just across town) and then I have a wedding this weekend, so sadly I'm missing almost everything going on this year for the Jazz Fest. Otherwise I'd be checking it out :)

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jazz Fest '08

Yeah, we're not doing the Jazz Fest this year either, although I heard it's GREAT. We've just been too busy.

There was a nice article here about it's growth:

democratandchronicle.com/apps/…

And here is a line up of articles:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=SPECIALS47&GID=yA/K7zZbUJNfKqVV9dCsj+UEj0NRmtDycEQErTK/UTQ%3D

I do see more out-of-town cars downtown than usual, so I presume lots of people come in for it. (I work right down there.)

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jazz Fest '08

Jazz Fest is a fantastic event in Rochester. Top talent. Lots of it free. Great parties.

Mentioned in this post
Rochester
Rochester
Finger Lakes, NY
Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jazz Fest '08

Nice to hear from you folks again...especially thankful for Carmen's links. Right now we're planning vacation in CT in July and then Labor Day weekend getaway for Detroit's 4-day jazz extravaganza, but maybe we can return for RJF in '09 or '10.

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jazz Fest '08

After reading "Rochester jazz festival was week of traditions, future" and "This year's Rochester International Jazz Festival was much more than just jazz" at democratandchronicle.com, I'm really hoping that we can get back to Rochester for the jazz festival in 2009. Capital Jazz Fest in MD, which is in June, too, is also on our list, so we'll have to choose depending on the line-up.

Mentioned in this post
Rochester
Rochester
Finger Lakes, NY
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jazz Fest '08

We saw Al Green at the Jazz festival at the Eastman Theatre, great show, short, only 70 minutes but very good show. When we left it was pouring outside so we stood under a doorway for a few but did not saty for the free show.

Mentioned in this post
Eastman Theatre
Eastman Theatre
119 Reviews
Rochester, NY
8. Re: Jazz Fest '08

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 18:20