We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do in Henrietta

Which Rochester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
226 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
things to do in Henrietta

Is there anything exciting to see in Henrietta area. May have a few hours between hockey games so will need to stay close. 17 year old girls. Like to shop & eat but adults like something more educational. Will visit a couple colleges also.

Lake Ontario
Level Contributor
293 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do in Henrietta

Okay, I checked with someone who I work with who lives in Henrietta. She suggested: Tinker Farms

(educational)

fallgetaways.iloveny.com/Details.aspx…

and the railway museum

http://www.rgvrrm.org/visit/index.htm

BUT, I looked at this site and it looks like it is seasonal.

There is a lot of shopping in Henrietta...Marketplace Mall and a lot of plazas.

Also, RIT is another place (educational/art) that she suggested to visit.

http://www.rit.edu/

But that may already be on your list.

I hope this helps somewhat.

:)

NEC

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: things to do in Henrietta

You could also visit the George Eastman House in the city for something educational.

Also for colleges: University of Rochester, Saint John Fisher, Saint Bonaventure, SUNY Geneseo, SUNY Brockport, RIT

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: things to do in Henrietta

In case you're still checking TA, I assume you're playing at ESL rink. Its located on the campus of Monroe Community College (MCC). Henrietta has a retail area similar to Schaumburg (although on a much smaller, more limited scale).

Marketplace Mall is just off 390, off the Hylan Drive exit (south of ESL). Near there are all the regular big box stores, too (Target, Best Buy, Borders, DSW, etc.). There's a nice Lands End Inlet store in the Marketplace parking lot.

Near the corner of Jefferson and Hylan are more stores. And if you head either way on Jefferson, you'll find more shopping. East on Jefferson is Christmas Tree Shop, Marshalls, and others.

There are several chain restaurants in this area as well as some local places.

Lake Ontario
Level Contributor
293 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: things to do in Henrietta

http://www.themarketplacemall.com/Stores/

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
226 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: things to do in Henrietta

thanks everyone. We did skate at the ESL arena so saw all the shopping areas around. On Saturday you'd you'd never know the economy was bad with the traffic on Jefferson. Not sure where all the people were going. And by the lines at the gas stations you'd think they were giving gas away. Maybe they haven't seen it at $2.42 in a long time.

Visited Buffalo State and some of her teammates did go to RIT but they don't offer her degree so she wasn't interested in visiting it. Beautiful campuses though. Thanks again.

Lake Ontario
Level Contributor
293 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: things to do in Henrietta

What are the gas prices like in Chicago? We really haven't seen them that low (in this area) for a LONG time! :)

Hope you enjoyed your visit.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
226 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: things to do in Henrietta

The SuperWalmart by my house has been $2.25 for the past week. ($2.22 with a Walmart gift card)I am in a north suburb of Chicago though right by the Wisconsin border. I've heard there's been a couple that have been down to $1.99/gal but I haven't seen any of those yet. I think that might be in Indiana.

Lake Ontario
Level Contributor
293 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: things to do in Henrietta

Well that's great for you guys. When we traveled south we found it the cheapest in Ohio.

I'm just glad it's going down.

:)

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: things to do in Henrietta

We definitely have some high gas prices around here in comparison to the rest of the country. And in comparison to the cost of living... grumble grumble...

Anyways :) Hope you enjoyed your visit to Henrietta!

10. Re: things to do in Henrietta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 04:19