We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to eat and drink near the water with atmosophere

rochester
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
places to eat and drink near the water with atmosophere

We have a group of 12 out of towners looking to eat, drink, and hang out tonight near the lake tonight. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to eat and drink near the water with atmosophere

Good question. We have Castaways and Hedges here in Webster, but neither is particularly good. Ditto for the little dumpy place across the street (is it Dockside? can't remember). Bazils in Penfield is ont he water - but it's awful too...

Why don't we have a decent restaurant on the lake???

rochester
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: places to eat and drink near the water with atmosophere

How about Nolas BBQ??? Ever been there?

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to eat and drink near the water with atmosophere

What about Pelicans? I've never been there, but isn't that on the water?

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places to eat and drink near the water with atmosophere

Waterfront joints is my favorite part of warm weather in Rochester. For future reference, here are some suggestions:

In Summerville (West Irondequoit): O'Loughlin's (at the end of St. Paul Blvd next to the Coast Guard). Great deck. Pull up your boat. Long-time locals hangout that now welcomes boaters. Schooner's at Shumway Marina off Pattonwood. Awesome spot. Has its own little beach. Boaters welcome.

In Charlotte: Pelican's Nest (on the water) and Scuttlebutt's (on River Street)

In Webster: Bayside (on Lake Road west of Bay Rd, on Irondequoit Bay). Great casual joint. Boaters welcome. Hedges for a more upscale dinner but a great outdoor patio and bar. Castaways for drinks (last dinner wasn't too good). Lasalle's on Empire Boulevard on the Bay.

In Seabreeze: For a true beachfront bar experience, you can't miss Marge's. Bring the sand right in with you. Located on Culver Road across the street from Seabreeze Amusement Park.

There are others on the West Side of town but I'm not as familiar with them. Would be interested in hearing from a local expert.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places to eat and drink near the water with atmosophere

Thanks jackiepaddy, going on my THIRD summer in Rochester, so I need to get out and check these out!

Rochester, New York
Destination Expert
for Rochester
Level Contributor
435 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: places to eat and drink near the water with atmosophere

On the west side, there's the Crescent Beach, with a deck right on the lake. Also there's a place that I think is just called The Bay on Braddock Bay.

It's kind of a drive, but out in Webster Hedges is also right on the lake.

It's a little late for mnkk's request, but if I were looking for a central location for a big group to hang out, I'd go with one of the places in Charlotte or Summerville (Pelican's Nest, Schooners, etc.).

Rochester, New York
Destination Expert
for Rochester
Level Contributor
435 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: places to eat and drink near the water with atmosophere

Oh I see Hedges was mentioned. I hadn't noticed before.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: places to eat and drink near the water with atmosophere

Kat - You definitely have to go to some of the waterfront places in Rochester this summer. Its too short!! Enjoy every minute.

Check out Wild Hearts catamaran on the Genesee River. Great sunset cruises.

www.wildheartscharters.com

I recommend O'Loughlins, Schooners and Pelican's Nest as your first stops. Schooners and O'Lie's are near each other in Summerville and Pelican is across the river. You can see Wild Hearts from all three.

9. Re: places to eat and drink near the water with atmosophere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2009, 05:33