We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desperately Seeking Highlander!

Niagara Falls, New...
Level Contributor
165 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Desperately Seeking Highlander!

Hi! I'm desperately trying to locate the old Highlander Motel, near Henrietta, where my family stayed during the 1960s. Does anyone know if the motel itself is still in business, and, if so, under what name? My only clue is that, in 1964, there was a sort of wild field right behind the motel. Thanks very much for any help!!!

Rochester, New York
Destination Expert
for Rochester
Level Contributor
458 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desperately Seeking Highlander!

There's something called the Highland Motor Inn on West Henrietta Road. Could that be it?

Mentioned in this post
Highland Park
Highland Park
444 Reviews
Rochester, NY
Niagara Falls, New...
Level Contributor
165 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desperately Seeking Highlander!

That's it!!! I couldn't find it on a Trip Advisor, so I tried Orbitz, who had it listed - it's now an affiliate of the Red Carpet Inn! Back on TA, I tried "Red Carpet Inn" and found it - I'd know those rooms anywhere, even after all these years!! My God, they still have the fluorescent lights over the beds - my Mom read to my sister and me by those lights!! The reviews aren't good, to say the least, but I don't care a bit - I'll sleep on top of the bedcover, and read by those lights, and I'll feel my Mom close to me again!! I'll walk along the outer corridor that my sister and I loved to run down when we were little (we loved the echo that our sneakers made!), and take a walk in the same old field!! Maybe I'll even find the same store where we always bought blueberry ice cream!! What good memories...I can't express how grateful I am to you - and you're a Yankees fan, too!!! Thanks, Dave!!! Have a wonderful day!!! God bless!!!

3. Re: Desperately Seeking Highlander!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2009, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Rochester