We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit to Pier 45 in Charlotte

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
251 reviews
Save Topic
First visit to Pier 45 in Charlotte

Hi - I submitted a review of Pier 45 but thought I'd see if anyone else has gone yet. Beautiful decor, great location, wonderful view, complimentary valet parking, nice bar, comfortable seating but very inattentive service on a Wednesday night when I was there. Not overly crowded. We eventually spoke with a manager (after 30+ minutes of not seeing a server, no water, no bread and, worst of all, no drink order!). The manager bought us glasses of wine but if they keep that up, the place will be a ghost town. Food was good. Prices all over the board so you could go there for tapas or small plates and its not too bad.

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First visit to Pier 45 in Charlotte

I've heard good things about the place, but I haven't been there. Don't you just hate bad service though?! It's really inexcusable. I don't think I've ever seen a restaurant go on to be a success when I've had a bad early experience.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First visit to Pier 45 in Charlotte

Thanks, I read about Pier 45 when we were looking for a place to celebrate our 1 year anniversary (went to Rooney's instead.) They're lucky they had you sitting in the restaurant instead of me, I would have walked out if that were my service!! It's amazing how bad service can really wreck a meal.

Thanks so much for posting this!

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First visit to Pier 45 in Charlotte

Kat - How did you like Rooney's? I love that place.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First visit to Pier 45 in Charlotte

It was absolutely fantastic. We actually started up a blog for restaurant reviews. We're only doing local places, trying not to do national chains. Here's the review for Rooney's: roceats.blogspot.com/2009/09/rooneys.html Really my only disappointment was with my salad. I had the beet & goat cheese salad and it was a lot of beets and very little goat cheese. And the goat cheese was covered in pepper. I don't know how you mask the flavor of goat cheese, but they did! I wouldn't recommend that unless you're a huge fan of beets, I mean, I like them but I got the salad because I love goat cheese.

Our meat was cooked perfectly, service was phenomenal. And really the salad above was more a personal preference scenario than that it was bad. So I don't have any qualms about recommending it.

5. Re: First visit to Pier 45 in Charlotte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2010, 07:18