We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware the Inn on Broadway

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beware the Inn on Broadway

There is much to like about this property, but beware of their ways related to money.

1. As part of a wedding party, I made a reservation at the wedding rate. But when i got the email confirmation, it was for a higher amount. I had to call them at my expense to make changes.

2. When I got there, the rate was at the old amount, so they had to cross that all out.

3. We arrived just after noon and was told early check in was $50. I was ready to do it, but then was told the room was not ready.

4. After getting home, I was charged more than $100 for a comforter they said had to be drycleaned. $100+ is excessive. A small fee i might understand, especially given the money spent on the wedding.

I will post a full review soon.

New York State
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware the Inn on Broadway

Hello...was the actual wedding there? Its on our list of places to consider for our daughter's wedding. If it was, how did things go at the wedding?.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,445 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware the Inn on Broadway

Lady, you mention in your review that you attempted to stop the charge? You can dispute it through your credit card company. What type of comforter was it? Down is better washed I understand than dry cleaned so perhaps it was silk, which actually is quite high and perhaps they included drive time? Did you stain it or was this a scam?

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware the Inn on Broadway

funcouple: Tell your daughter to check out Wedding Wire. It's more wedding-specific and you can see reviews of different vendors.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware the Inn on Broadway

The weddiing was fine. If you do have the wedding there I would be sure to establlsh that if you are going to spend big bucks, your guests are not be to be nickle-and-dimed with obviously excessive charges.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
415 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware the Inn on Broadway

I was so sorry to read your post. While I've never stayed there, I've only heard good things about the place and have made many recommendations to friends. Do you think that the price changes were mistakes or scams, and do you think that the comforter cleaning was a scam? I'm so sorry you had such a bad time in our fair city.

Lynn from Rochester, NY

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware the Inn on Broadway

thanks...i dont know why it all happened, but it made us feel like second-class citizens, Money obviously is very important to them and the untold thousands from the wedding wasnt enough..

Syracuse, New York
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware the Inn on Broadway

I dont know if you noticed, but the Inn posted a comment on your review

What was the excessive cleanup?

Did u leave the room a mess?

Was there permament damage?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Beware the Inn on Broadway

I didnt see the Inn's response and thanks for pointing it out. It made me laugh. The "damage" was a small child throwing up on a comforter and a small spot on the rug. For that they charged more than $100 to dryclean the comforter. The wedding party dropped untold BIG Idollars, the bride lived there for 3 weeks before that, and they did that.

But there is more to the story and I am happy. A TA member messaged me because they had four couples thinking of staying there for The Music Man and other cultural events in Rochester in the spring, I told them about what happened and they decided no longer to consider the Inn. They said they might go to the Hyatt downtown, which ironically made comments after their reviews that showed far more customer relations savvy than the Inn.

Still, the worst part was I asked for the name and number of the owner to talk with them and they never had the courtesy to give it to me.

New York State
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beware the Inn on Broadway

My daughter has crossed them off her list for her wedding. They never took into consideration that you were a wedding guest, not just people passing through. She didn't want that to happen to her guests.

Syracuse, New York
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Beware the Inn on Broadway

OK...A hotel can get a lot of drycleaning done for 100 dollars. Sounds like they may need the money and/or were using you to do their own cleaning.