We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving dinner in Rochester?

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving dinner in Rochester?

We are looking for places to eat Thanksgiving dinner in Rochester. It needs to be wheel chair accessible and a reasonable distance from the Long Pond/Ridge Rd. area. It will be a small party of three or four and some fish or vegetarian holies as well as turkey.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
417 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving dinner in Rochester?

Wow. I live near the Long Pond/Ridge area... and can't think of any nearby restaurants open on Thanksgiving. Perhaps the Marriott just down the road will be having something special. Many of the restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner seem to be on the east side. I'll keep watching and asking for you. Most of the ads don't come out until the beginning of November.

Lynn

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving dinner in Rochester?

Thanks, Lynn.

I have come to the same conclusion. I would appreciate any other tips.

I looked over internet posts from other years and came up with Nick's Seabreeze, Mario's via Abruzzi,Richardson's Canal House, Perlo's Italian Grill. I am working on verifying that they are serving in 2012 and the accessibility issue. I considered the Marriott and will call them. It is close but we were looking for a special treat for Grandma.

Thanks again,

Kathy

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
417 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving dinner in Rochester?

Nick's wouldn't make sense... and I don't know if the others are serving on Thanksgiving... but they would be worth checking. Mario's has the best Sunday Brunch buffet in the area... perhaps they do something for Thanksgiving as well. Richardson's is lovely, but expensive. Never been to Perlo's.

Good luck.

Lynn

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving dinner in Rochester?

Thank you, again.

Mario's has a special Thanksgiving Menu that is still being developed. I am waiting to hear if they have non meat options.

May you have a lovely Thanksgiving. My family is very grateful for the consideration you have given to this.

Kathy

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving dinner in Rochester?

completely agree about Mario's being one of the best choices. They will offer non-meat options. I'm sure others will advertise in a few weeks.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving dinner in Rochester?

I am vegetarian and my husband is not, and most of our family is out of town, so we normally go to Old Country Buffet in Greece on Thanksgiving! :)

It is not a "nice" sit down dinner, but we each get food we will eat, and leave to see the end of the second football game, lol!

My main point being, I don't know many places open on Thanksgiving either, so if you find one let me know.

Finger Lakes, NY
Level Contributor
123 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving dinner in Rochester?

did you look into Good Luck in downtown? Not sure if open - check on the wheelchair, too. Aladdin's often has good veggie foods, too.

Central VA
Level Contributor
96 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanksgiving dinner in Rochester?

Looks like the menu at Mario's has firmed up a bit - there is pasta and also shrimp and oysters.

www.mariosit.com/holidaymenu_thanksgiving.asp

Lake Ontario
Level Contributor
293 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thanksgiving dinner in Rochester?

Sound delicious! :)

New York
Level Contributor
42 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thanksgiving dinner in Rochester?

I ate an Easter buffet at Mario's last year and our reservations were over an hour late. Food was so-so. It wasn't very fun.

Get answers to your questions about Rochester