We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Letchworth Park camping question

Level Contributor
516 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Letchworth Park camping question

I am trying to make a camping reservation as a Christmas gift for my son at Letchworth and would like some advice on a specific site. They will staying in a tent for a Friday & Saturday night. There's many different Loops available and different site numbers and I'd like to know if certain ones are better than others as far as convenience, etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
1 post
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Letchworth Park camping question

This is an old message but I will answer it anyways in case anyone else is looking for the same question answered. I stayed at Letchworth on site 607 and it was quite private, but at Letchworth I'd have to say that all the sites are quite quiet and private from what I could tell and are quite a decent size.

The park takes 45 minutes to drive from one end to the other, so as you can see it's quite large. Within the park you will find Mt. Morris Dam where you can embark on a free tour of the dam. Don't expect Wi-fi in the park (even the inn located inside the park - their wi-fi is touch and go). The closest place to get a signal is in a near by McDonalds which also has a really affordable grocery store in the same plaza.

The inn located inside the park has the best Chicken Fricassee (yes I know you're camping but it is soooo worth the trip at lunch to eat this yummy dish).

When I stayed at this park I was here for 3 days and because of the shear size of this place we didn't get to see everything or all the path and trails throughout the park. It is massive but so worth the visit. Next to Rickett's Glen, this park has superior beauty!

2. Re: Letchworth Park camping question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Rochester