We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bridge on Lake Rd across Irondeqouit Bay?

McKees Rocks, PA
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Topic
Bridge on Lake Rd across Irondeqouit Bay?

I am planning on riding around Lake Ontario by bicycle. I plan to pick up Lake Road just outside pf Rochester.

Google Maps shows it but won't route that way. Bing Maps shows it and will route it. I have another map that does not show a bridge or road in that section.

Can someone please confirm that there is a bridge on Lake Rd across Irondeqouit Bay? A bridge that crosses over the inlet to the main part of the lake? Not the Route 104 Bridge

I went through that inlet in a boat years ago but not remembering if there was a bridge there or not.

McKees Rocks, PA
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bridge on Lake Rd across Irondeqouit Bay?

Found my answer. Looks like it is seasonal

The bobtail swing bridge is closed to vehicular traffic during the summer months to allow boat passage through the outlet. Thus, the bridge is considered a seasonal bridge because it is open to vehicular traffic during non-boating season (typically from early November to March) to allow traffic to traverse the outlet.

McKees Rocks, PA
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bridge on Lake Rd across Irondeqouit Bay?

Is there a water taxi across the outlet?

Naples, New York
Level Contributor
349 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bridge on Lake Rd across Irondeqouit Bay?

No regular water taxi but I bet, with advance notice, the nearby marina could hook you up with a boat owner to ferry you across. Otherwise, Empire Blvd at the south end of the Bay would be the closest bicycle crossing.

McKees Rocks, PA
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bridge on Lake Rd across Irondeqouit Bay?

Yep thanks,. Already bet you too it. :) I emailed the marina and they were nice to arrange a shuttle for us depending on a few factors of course.

I hope that works out. It only saves us 4 or 5 miles but it is a long day that day and 4 or 5 miles savings will be very welcome.. Plus I think it would be really interesting to cross the outlet by boat.

5. Re: Bridge on Lake Rd across Irondeqouit Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Rochester