We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Past Weekend Trip Report

ThePrissyOne
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Past Weekend Trip Report

This past Friday, after picking up PrissyOnesBF at Albany Int'l, we checked in to our room at Hilton Gardens...it was a very clean, very nice king room. After relaxing with a bottle of wine from one of your local liquor stores in the Price Chopper strip mall, we decided to get dinner. We went to The Gray Gelding. The tortilla soup was amazing, just the right degree of spice. However, they brought me the wrong meal and we both thought our entrees were only "okay". The BF enjoyed checking out the wood floor and tin ceilings, though. Afterwards, we walked to 9 Maple Avenue and enjoyed a glass of wine and some good jazz before calling it a night.

Saturday, we had a nice lunch at The Parting Glass but OMG, was it cold. I've lived in NYS my whole life and have never gotten used to how cold it can be--and well, the BF thought Friday was cold so you can imagine how he was taking it, lol. We popped into some neat shops and galleries and were most happy to see how dog-friendly Toga is. When we could take the cold no longer, we ducked into Wheatfield's and had some really good "enhanced" coffee and back outside we went. We tried to get into The Wine Bar but they were not yet open. After more walking and some high-pitched "mini-squeals" from me everytime the wind blew, we decided on one cup of regular coffee back at Wheatfield's and a cab ride back to Hilton Gardens. After a nice rest and the thermostat getting jacked up to 76, we went to our 7pm reservation at Prime (and we were dressed quite nicely). We had a wonderful dinner with wine in a great atmosphere and would go back again. After leaving there, we did make it to The Wine Bar and enjoyed the vibe there as well before heading back to the room. As always, it is sad when the BF and I have to say goodbye but we really did enjoy our time in your city and getting to know your residents.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Past Weekend Trip Report

Wow! Thank you so much for that thorough trip report! I know it will help others in planning their trips,thank you for including the details of your stay. I am sorry that the Grey Gelding was disappointing. I have had both good and bad experiences there... but the atmosphere usually is quite nice. I am also sorry to hear about the bitter cold! I know that can make walking downtown quite uncomfortable... it sounds like you two made the most of it and enjoyed your time together. Good for you. I hope you both can return soon, and hopefully the weather will cooperate!

Thanks again for taking the time to write your trip report.

2. Re: Past Weekend Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 19:20