We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Crystal Spa still operating?

Which Saratoga Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Crystal Spa still operating?

I wish to visit the Crystal Spa that many forumers have recommended. However, the website on the tripadvisor Things To Do page no longer seems to be a valid business website.

http://www.thecrystalspa.com/

I found another one but seems like it's a spa and motel...

http://www.grandunionmotel.com/spa.htm

Anyone know whether there has been a change in operators for Crystal Spa? Are service standards still good?

Thanks!

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Crystal Spa still operating?

Mintee-

As far as I know, only the web address has changed.

Ths Crystal Spa has always been housed at the Grand Union Motel. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but it is truly a great spa. I have paid almost double elsewhere and been disapponted. My favorite treatment is their Relaxation Facial. You could ask when you make your reservation if there has been a change in ownership. Have fun and let us know how it goes!

Jkelly

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Crystal Spa still operating?

Hi hi

Back from my trip and glad to report that the Spa is still operating as per normal. The original website with the more intuitive url is 'down' according to the staff and there is no change in management or owner. While this is my first time there, I believe the service I'd experienced is as good as what many forumers had praised the spa for.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Crystal Spa still operating?

Hi Mintee-

Thank you so much for the update!

I know that this info will help others in their vacation planning. I'm glad that you had an enjoyable visit as well!

Jkelly

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Crystal Spa still operating?

Hey jkelly

I've benefited immersely from the info provided by many (and yours of special mention) in this forum. Glad to contribute. :)

5. Re: Is the Crystal Spa still operating?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2009, 05:29