We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Buffalo to Saratoga Springs?

Phoenix, Aizona
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Best way to get from Buffalo to Saratoga Springs?

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I planned a trip to Saratoga Springs this weekend, but due to an unfortunate family event, we now need to stop in Buffalo first. We fly into Buffalo on Friday and want to go to Saratoga Springs on Saturday afternoon for the rest of the weekend.

The latest Amtrak train I found left at 1PM which is too early for us. We would like to leave Buffalo around 3PM. Are there any other options of getting from Buffalo to Saratoga or do we have to drive? If driving, how long is the drive and how is it?

Any advice would be much appreciated since I'm coming from Arizona and know nothing about upstate NY.

Thanks!

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Buffalo to Saratoga Springs?

Well, it is an easy drive. Unfortunately, the public transportation situation is less than ideal. I have taken the bus before and that seems to be the best option. If renting a car is a possibility, it's the best oprion. The drive is a bit less than 5 hours. Take 90 east to exit 27 (amsterdam), then follow 67 east to Ballston Spa. You will see signs for Saratoga/Route 50 North.

It's a very easy drive. HTH.

ps Don't rely on Mapquest for this route!

Boston
Level Contributor
6,665 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Buffalo to Saratoga Springs?

I just did that drive from Utica and it is not bad. You get to see a bit of some of the small towns on the way.

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Buffalo to Saratoga Springs?

JK's route is easy, that is true, but it is not the prettiest stretch of highway you will ever see. I mention it since you are not familiar with upstate NY - so I do not want you thinking that all of upstate looks like the Thruway (I - 90). The state is much nicer than that road will lead you to believe.

4. Re: Best way to get from Buffalo to Saratoga Springs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2010, 07:17