We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shake Shack at Saratoga Race Course!

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Shake Shack at Saratoga Race Course!

Yes, it is true!

I love this Manhattan chain. If you haven't had a chance, you must try it! I just wish it were open longer than the meet.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1 post
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shake Shack at Saratoga Race Course!

At Saratoga opening day, unfortunately it rained heavy most of the day ... we were looking forward to a burger and fries and were very disappointed once we arrived to see that the water was ankle deep in front of the Shack, so we found that Blue Smok was on higher ground and for $12.50 received a mediocre pulled pork sandwich and small beverage ... apparently no one considered the slope to drain concept or an awining in front of the Shack, I know it was opening day but c'mon.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shake Shack at Saratoga Race Course!

I am sorry to hear that!

I went Opening Day at about 6:30pm and there weren't puddles at that point.

No lines either, so I indulged. Very yummy. Normally, I only get to have Shake Shack once or twice a year, so it's an extraordinary treat for me. I hope they work on the drainage issue.

Monmouth County NJ
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shake Shack at Saratoga Race Course!

If you go back and have a hankerin' for pulled pork, head over to The Horseshoe after the races. I've had Blue Smoke's NYC pulled pork and didn't think much of it either. Same for the brisket. The beef ribs on the other hand were fantastic.

4. Re: Shake Shack at Saratoga Race Course!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Saratoga Springs