We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saratoga Springs after Labor Day - questions

New Jersey
Level Contributor
323 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Saratoga Springs after Labor Day - questions

I am considering taking my family to SS for one night (Monday) in mid September. Are there any kid friendly things to do there that aren't closed on Mondays? I have a one year old. The Children's Museum is closed and the carousel in Congress Park is closed. I saw a farm from the iloveny website but that is closed too. Are the racetracks open to the public on Mondays? So far the only activities I can find are to take a stroll through Congress Park and then Spa State Park. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saratoga Springs after Labor Day - questions

There are some great area playgrounds; Our favorites are Kelley Park in Ballston Spa (there is also a nice walking trail there along Kaydeross Creek), and Gavin Park in Wilton.

Also, the library has a very nice playroom downstairs, and the mall actually has a great play area for toddlers that is free, as well as a paid bouncy-bounce area. In Malta, there is a place called Tree Paad that has climbing, as well as a separate toddler area. HTH.

Edited: 20 August 2012, 02:31
Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saratoga Springs after Labor Day - questions

Also, the Flat Track is closed after Labor Day. The Harness Track is open year-round.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saratoga Springs after Labor Day - questions

Lastly, if you are coming after September 22, this place is worth a visit:

http://libertyridgefarmny.com

And this place has a great butterfly garden in early September:

http://www.upyondafarm.com/Index.htm

Both places are quite a trip from Saratoga (1/2 to 1 hour), but are worth the trip.

Another option is apple picking. http://www.saratogaapple.com

Westchester County
Level Contributor
651 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saratoga Springs after Labor Day - questions

Is your one year old your only child? If so, I would gear the activities around you and your spouse since your child won't really know the difference. Strolling the shops along Broadway and having a meal outside at one of the many restaurants is a must! Enjoy this attention to yourselves while you can! Next year will be a different story LOL. Have fun!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
323 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saratoga Springs after Labor Day - questions

Thanks so much for your suggestions. We've decided to forgo our trip to Saratoga. I think we'll get more from a trip there during the summer months when there's a lot more going on.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saratoga Springs after Labor Day - questions

Sounds like a good plan!

Try to visit in late June or early July, before track season hits.

Accommodations will be much more affordable.

Also, try to fit in a visit to Lake George while you are here!

Edited: 24 August 2012, 16:08
7. Re: Saratoga Springs after Labor Day - questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Saratoga Springs