We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saratoga Springs June 20th for the day

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Saratoga Springs June 20th for the day

Hi

I will be passing through Saratoga Springs on thursday June 20th. We are driving from Bar Harbor Me to Rutland Vt on Wednesday June 19th and will be going through SS on our way home the next day. I would like to stop in Saratoga Springs for a little while with my kids 19, 16, and 13. I was hoping to take them to a horse race or something fun. We are ultimately driving back to Philadelphia that day. Is there any racing going on on Thursday June 20th and if not is there anything else notable that would be good for kids of this age? Also, any ideas for additional stops on the way home down to Philly.

Thanks in advance.

Karen

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saratoga Springs June 20th for the day

Unfortunately, the Race Track does not open until July 19th. You could see the Harness Racing at the Racino, but it is not nearly as exciting. There is also an equestrian show at Skidmore College on the 20th. There are many exhibits at local museums, which are listed here by date: saratoga150.com/events/saratoga150-events/

I am not sure if your teens would find any of this very fun. Our schools will be letting out that day, and there are at least two high school graduations at SPAC. Downtown restaurants will be very busy.

Have you considered a stop in Lake George instead? There are plenty of teen friendly activities including parasailing, jet-skiing, cruises, mini-golf, outlet shopping and a drive up Prospect Mountain as some of the options. There is also a Six Flags amusement park (Great Escape) with a water park, just off of the highway.

Let us know what you decide, or what your kids would be most interested in, so that we can offer more suggestions.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Saratoga Springs June 20th for the day

Thanks for your reply. Yes Lake George may be a better option for us considering the options for that day. I'll look into some options there and see if that works out. Thanks for the ideas.

saratoga springs, ny
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saratoga Springs June 20th for the day

Hi there. Yes, town will be busy but totally worth visiting. Saratoga springs has one of the prettiest main streets in America and people flock here for the history and charm of the area. Great shopping, great restaurants, gorgeous parks, etc. it would be a shame to miss this spot!!

Lake George is nice but completely different feel since it is in the adirondacks and more for outdoor adventurers who don't mind cheesy t- shirt shops, strip motels and mini golf galore. The lake is beautiful however but I Guess it depends what type of activities that interest your family.

4. Re: Saratoga Springs June 20th for the day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 07:17