We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from new york city

Lancashire
8 posts
Save Topic
Day trips from new york city

Hi,

We have been to new york once before, and are returning at the start of Sept for 9 nights

I am interested in any ideas of day trips we could go on outside of new york city, if anyone has been on any or know of any good places to go.

thanks

sarah

New York
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from new york city

Hi,

There are many places to go outside of New York. You can go to the Poconos (in Pennsylvania) its 2 hrs from NYC. Places I suggest are Jim Thorpe, PA, Lake Harmony, Philadelphia and New Hope.

You can also go to the Jersey Shore, like Seaside heights or Pt. Pleasant (its mostly fun in the summer months though). You can also go to Connecticut, Massachusetts or Vermont which is maybe 3-6 hrs away from NYC.

I also suggest going upstate NY. Many places are far like Lake George or Cooperstown, but it may take a few days though. New Paltz, NY and Woodstock, NY are nice places to visit.

- Tiffany

2. Re: Day trips from new york city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 05:23