We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from JFK to Staten Island

Which Staten Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from JFK to Staten Island

In May my husband and I are spending a couple of nights in NY staying on Staten Island. We will be arriving through JFK. We have been offered a transport service both ways for $150.00 and am wondering if this is a reasonable deal.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from JFK to Staten Island

Are you visiting relatives? That sounds expensive to me, but I think you should repost on the New York City (sub)forum. And include the name if the company.

staten island
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from JFK to Staten Island

For roundtrip, that is reasonable. I would make sure they don't have any hidden fees such as waiting time. Does that include toll? Verrazano Bridge is $13.00.

If they charge waiting time, I would just take a taxi. Going back to JFK, you would have to hire a local car service.

Which hotel are you staying?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from JFK to Staten Island

Is this a visit to see family or friends or to visit Manhattan and sightsee? If the latter, I highly recommend finding a hotel in Manhattan or if the budget doesn't stretch that far, Long Island City is a more convenient choice than Staten Island. We can recommend hotels if you post exact dates and maximum budget in USD.

Car services to get quotes from include Dial 7 and Carmel.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,686 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from JFK to Staten Island

panynj.gov/airports/jfk-taxi-car-van-service…

---------------------------------

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Staten Island
Level Contributor
611 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from JFK to Staten Island

Hi if you can provide more information we can help you better. If this includes tolls then yes, that's a good price, if not, you can find a service to provide for that cost that does include tolls.

6. Re: Transport from JFK to Staten Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 21:15
Get answers to your questions about Staten Island