We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Restaurant Recommendations - Quick Visit

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
251 reviews
Save Topic
Need Restaurant Recommendations - Quick Visit

Family is traveling by Amtrak from Albany to Syracuse just for a day trip. Have a 3 hour lay-over before heading back. I'll pick them up but none of us are very familiar with Syracuse.

Where should we go to lunch? No problem driving to the 'burbs if we have to. Looking for casual American or Italian food. Will have two senior citizens.

Anything with a view? Near shops? Thank you!

mln
Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
308 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Restaurant Recommendations - Quick Visit

what day and what time of day is your family arriving?

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Restaurant Recommendations - Quick Visit

I was going to make a quick response to this and then I read 'with a view' and 'near shops' and my mind went blank.

Perhaps you would like to access the link below and browse through the armory square website. Nice restaurants and shops. Not your ordinary mall venue. Not much of a view but if you wanted to see part of downtown Syracuse, the Armory fits the bill. I think you would enjoy walking about after lunch.

http://www.armorysq.org/index.htm

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Restaurant Recommendations - Quick Visit

Thanks for your replies. We're looking at a Friday noon time for lunch. The train lay-over is about 3 hours. Armory Square is a good idea, thanks!

I assume no waterfront/water view restaurants?

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Restaurant Recommendations - Quick Visit

Not much on water. Baldwinsville has a few restaurants on the water. From the train station, you'd be about 1/2 hr. from Baldwinsville. There is the Bluewater Grill in Baldwinsville and I've heard good things about it but have never eaten there. You can look on TA for reviews and google it as well. I don't think they have a website. I believe they are open for lunch.

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
7,852 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Restaurant Recommendations - Quick Visit

Dominic's has a nice menu and good food and is not far from the train station (on Burnet Ave near Teall). No views or water nearby, though.

My favorite restaurant in Armory Square is Pastabilities.

6. Re: Need Restaurant Recommendations - Quick Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2009, 07:17