We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business dinner in Armory Square area

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Business dinner in Armory Square area

Five colleagues and I will be staying at the Jefferson Clinton Hotel in early October. On two weeknights, we plan to have working dinners at nearby restaurants. Our preferred budget is $50 or less per person, including tax and tip. (But our budget is pooled across both nights, so if we pick a less expensive place one night, we can splurge and spend more than $50/person the other night.)

The group has adventurous food tastes and likes a lot of different cuisines, but whatever place we choose should have good options for the one vegetarian in our group. Ideally, we'd like the restaurants to be a very easy walk from the hotel, and quiet enough that we can talk business without shouting at each other. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business dinner in Armory Square area

Have you checked out their website?

http://armorysq.org/index.htm

I like the Empire Brewing co. and I think the prices are reasonable. Pastabilities gets a lot of good reviews. I don't know whether either would be load .... perhaps the Empire Brewing Co. would be. Lemon Grass is more expensive and should be rather quiet. Kitty Hoynes is an Irish pub/restaurant. It has been rather moisy at the bar when I have been there. I consider all within walking distance of the hotel.

ejk8686
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business dinner in Armory Square area

You can do Blue Tusk one night to save a little money, they have an awesome sandwhich menu with many choices from your simple to your exotic. They also have Quesadillas, cheese plates, soups, and a few other options if you don't want a sandwhich. It was also voted one of the top 150 places in the world to have a beer before you die. This will save some money and then you can do a nice dinner at Lemongrass(Thai), Pastabilities(Italian), Black Olive(medditranean), or one that would require a 5-7 min cab ride is Gentile's(Eclectic Italian). I only recommend this because the cab ride is well worth it for what is in my opinion the best restaurant in town!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
83 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business dinner in Armory Square area

I highly recommend bc restaurant in Armory Square - it's upscale casual and affordable. (http://bcrestaurant.com/) Make a reservation because they get pissy if you don't.

As your less expensive option, I would definitely recommend Blue Tusk - although finding a table can be difficult. I also highly recommend Clark's Ale House. They serve fantastic roast beef sandwiches and offer a few other menu items. (http://www.clarksalehouse.com/) Lastly, I also agree that Empire is a good option.

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,560 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Business dinner in Armory Square area

I being am contrarian and do not recommend the Blue Tusk. I think the food is mediocre and overpriced.

I do recommed any of the others mentioned; Pastabilities being my favorite of the bunch

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Business dinner in Armory Square area

Thanks for all your suggestions. Just wanted to let you know that we ended up at bc and Lemon Grass for our two working dinners. We were very pleased with both - excellent food and service, nice ambiance, quiet enough for easy conversation - and we managed to stay within our preferred budget of $50/person. During our stay, some of us also had lunch at the Empire Brewing Co. and a non-working dinner at Dinosaur BBQ. All in all, quite a lot of enjoyable eating experiences during our brief stay in Syracuse!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Business dinner in Armory Square area

Also wanted to add that some colleagues tried to go to Clark's Ale House, but found that it had recently closed - something to do with the expansion of the Landmark Theatre, I think?

And on our last day, a colleague and I had a meeting in Liverpool, so we had a chance to stop by Heid's for hot dogs and ice cream - great place!

7. Re: Business dinner in Armory Square area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Syracuse
Recent Conversations