We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family re-union near Lake Oneida

Which Syracuse hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Family re-union near Lake Oneida

We are planning a family re-union and would like some inputs from all the members who are familiar with this area. Does anyone have any idea for places to stay on Oneida Lake for at least 20 people during the labour day weekend?

The reason we picked this is because some of us live in Toronto, and some of our relatives, live in New Jersey and we sort of wanted to pick a middle spot.

Any suggestion would be greatfully appreciated!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family re-union near Lake Oneida

At the risk of insulting someone out there....IMO there is nothing really decent ON ONEIDA LAKE in terms of hotels/motels. That being said, you may want to check out this website for Sylvan Beach.

http://www.sylvanbeach.org/

Sylvan Beach is rather kitschy and I enjoy going there for an afternoon...typically just to eat. If I were to choose Sylvan Beach for an extended stay, I would be looking at cottages. If you have young kids in the group, they would get a kick out of the amusement park .... but not for an extended stay.

Have you considered the Finger Lakes? There are soooo many more options in the finger lakes and you could easily find a midway point between Toronto and NJ. There are beautiful parks, the wineries, pristine lakes (swimming, boating), great restaurants, many nice (even more upscale) accommodations. I love Ithaca (having lived there) - small university city with great restaurants, parks, nice earth science museum, theater, beautiful lake. etc. etc.

2. Re: Family re-union near Lake Oneida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2012, 05:28