We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limp Lizard or Dinosaur Bbq?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
3,462 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Limp Lizard or Dinosaur Bbq?

We have been to the Dinosaur bbq in rochester but not to the Syracuse location. The reviews on here seem good for Limp Lizard with similar food. We will be staying around the fairgrounds area coming from the waterloo outlet. So somewhere closer to our hotel is more preferable or on route.

Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limp Lizard or Dinosaur Bbq?

Dino is better than limp lizard in my opinion.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
100 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limp Lizard or Dinosaur Bbq?

I prefer Limp Lizard.

3. Re: Limp Lizard or Dinosaur Bbq?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2016, 13:30
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,559 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limp Lizard or Dinosaur Bbq?

I've been to both the Rochester & Syracuse Dinosaur's. The Rochester vibe is much more laid back than the Syracuse restaurant which has more of a biker edge. John Stage, the owner, is a biker & you get biker chick waitresses & more of a mix of all kinds of people than at the Rochester locale. Also, the Rochester locale is nearer to the touristy part of town whereas the Syracuse location is more on the northern fringes of the town so you get more locals & less tourists unless they are brought there by family or work colleagues.

In my not so humble opinion, you haven't been to Dinosaur unless you've been to the original location.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,979 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limp Lizard or Dinosaur Bbq?

I know this is an old thread, but the subject is still relevant....

I have been to the Dino in Syracuse and Rochester and friends have been to the NYC and Buffalo locations. In my opinion, you have to experience the original Syracuse location to get a true comparison.

I have been to the Syracuse Dino many times, and the Limp Lizard in Liverpool many times.

Can I answer "both"? They each have something to offer. The Dino has a unique vibe - the mix of biker and suits is excellent, and the food selections are really good - apart form their meat I love their Fried Green Tomatoes. There is also the tradition of the place. It's got to be one of the longest-lasting restaurants in Syracuse. Limp Lizard has some different things - I love their smoked chicken wings, which we will often order as an appetizer. I love sitting outside there too, and watching the people go by.

Waits for tables at the Dino can be very long, though, and that has made me turn around and head other places too. It can get loud in there as well - not somewhere to go for a nice quiet conversation when it's busy.

In short, I think both have something to offer.

6. Re: Limp Lizard or Dinosaur Bbq?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Syracuse
Recent Conversations