We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping for golf attire

Ottawa
Level Contributor
53 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping for golf attire

My girlfriend and I are heading to the Syracuse area next weekend for a golf trip. She is also looking for new golf clothes - any recommendations on where to shop?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping for golf attire

You plan on buying the golf clothes after you get to Syracuse? The pro shop at the course will have clothes. Do you have any golf or sporting goods stores where you live? If you're not familiar, all she really needs is a collared shirt and any bottom preferably with side pockets, golf shoes. Otherwise check Google maps for golf stores in Syracuse near where you'll be. There is a Golf Galaxy there. If you have time to order online, there's Golfsmith, Edwin Watts etc.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
53 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping for golf attire

Yes we are familiar with proper attire for golf, however my girlfriend wants to add to her wardrobe We are from Ottawa and according to my girlfriend the local options are somewhat limited or quite expensive (our major golf store here is GolfTown). In many cases golf attire is also available outside golf equipment stores and pro shops - recommendations for these type of stores in Syracuse is what I was hoping for (e.g. In the Destiny Mall) Shopping in the US often has advantages in terms of price and selection for Canadians.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
408 posts
679 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping for golf attire

Try Golf Galaxy in Dewitt or Sports Authority at Destiny USA.

Also in the "area" is Waterloo Premium Outlets - lots of stores that have women's sportswear that would work for golf but no stores specific to golf. Some consider outlets to be a bargain, and others not so much.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,035 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping for golf attire

The shopping mall at Destiny USA has both a Dick's Sports & a Sports Authority. Since you are from Ottawa, check with the customer service desk before you shop as you may be entitled to a discount. I know bus groups from Canada get them but I'm not certain if they are available to individual shoppers. At any rate, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
53 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping for golf attire

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. We certainly will do some shopping this weekend!

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,063 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping for golf attire

There are also Dick's locations in Dewitt and Clay. These may be a bit cheaper than the one at Destiny.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
53 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping for golf attire

We shopped a bit today in Syracuse. Our best find was Macys. Dicks and Sports Authority had somewhat of a limited selection.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,035 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping for golf attire

I am assuming you hit up Destiny. That's why I sent you there. There's lots of choices. Did your girlfriend get a Canadian discount? Just curious.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping for golf attire

Look for a IZOD store. I always get my spouse a short and shirt for fathers day from there but half the store is for women, i just wish they had kids clothes as my children are getting into golf and clothes are a fortune

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,063 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping for golf attire

There are no Izod stores in Syracuse - you can get Izod shirts at Macy's in Carousel Mall.