We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun Getaway around Troy!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fun Getaway around Troy!

hey - i'm working atRPI this summer and I'd like to take a fun, relaxing weekend somewhere near Troy, NY. I've already been to Saratoga but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a place that would be less than 2 hours away (i'm willing to go further if it's awesome) Also, I'm interested in staying in a cool hotel and delicious food. So any suggestions are appreciated.

NY
Level Contributor
782 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun Getaway around Troy!

I'd go a few hours north and stop in Lake Placid and Ausable Chasm

Troy, NY
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun Getaway around Troy!

I would not go this weekend (because it is Hall of Fall Weekend), but Cooperstown is nice. Beautiful hotel right on the lake, fishing, hiking, wonderful brunch. Even if you do not like baseball, the Schoharie Valley region is beautiful.

3. Re: Fun Getaway around Troy!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 16:19
Get answers to your questions about Troy