We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoping to see Fall Foliage in NY

Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
51 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hoping to see Fall Foliage in NY

We will be visiting Buffalo, NY and Utica, NY the weekend of 10/9/2010. Is the trip between these 2 cities at that time of year good to see the Fall Foliage I've heard so much about?

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,224 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoping to see Fall Foliage in NY

Yes; leaves will probably be near peak at that time. If you can, detour from the NYS Thruway (the obvious route between these cities) to enhance your experience. If you have a specific idea for a detour, post back and I'll give you ideas regarding scenic drives in the area (if I can).

Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
51 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoping to see Fall Foliage in NY

We are planning to drive from Syracuse to Utica via I-90 then taking Hwy's 5 to 20 back to Buffalo. Do you think we'd see some nice Fall Foliage scenery on that route?

New Hartford, NY
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoping to see Fall Foliage in NY

yes, that should be a perfect time to visit our city to see some color. If you have time while in the Utica area, you can get some great views of leaves by visiting some of the smaller nearby towns. Clinton NY (5 mins from Utica and close to Westmoreland Thruway exit, is a great place to stop. Picture perfect village Green with shops and coffee houses and resturants. Clinton is home to Hamilton College. Great old school, plenty of trees, a walk thru a glen. Very fall. Clinton Cider mill makes GREAT cider donuts and pies....good fall stop.

enjoy!

Edited: 29 September 2010, 04:19
Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoping to see Fall Foliage in NY

great suggestions, but remember one good storm with lots of wind can change foliage quickly! The North Country (near Old Forge, seems to be at peak or past peak , far quicker than past years....have fun in our area!

5. Re: Hoping to see Fall Foliage in NY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Utica
More Utica Topics