We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jones Beach Hotel

Which Wantagh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Jones Beach Hotel

I'm looking for a hotel near The Nikon Theater at Jones Beach to stay after a show Friday Night. Anyone have suggestions? I've never been to a show here. Your advice is appreciated.

7 replies to this topic
New York, NY
Level Contributor
261 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jones Beach Hotel

There is nothing very close to the theater; I booked rooms for a large group of friends last year after a huge beach party and they all stayed at the TownePlace Suites (a Marriott brand) at Republic Airport; it was very inexpensive and they were all thrilled. Don't fall for some of the cheap hotels that may show up in a search, in Freeport or Massapequa, etc. The other alternative would be hotels in Rockville Centre.

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jones Beach Hotel

Thank you for your help.

Freeport, New York
Destination Expert
for Long Island
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jones Beach Hotel

Republic airport is not close or convenient to the Jones Beach Theater.

Will you have a car? Are you combining this with a stay in NYC or are you just coming to LI for the concert? What is your budget?

If you want to stay at the beach, there is only one option: The Allegria in Long Beach.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g48078-d1237124…

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jones Beach Hotel

I'm coming by car from Connecticut . I'm planning on leaving early to get there at lunch time and (hopefully) avoid the traffic. I 'm traveling with a friend and we are hoping to find a nice place for lunch and to do some exploring. Laying out on the beach is NOT what we want to do. It would be nice to find some areas to look around and maybe shop. I have never been to Jones Beach and I don't know what to expect but free tickets to see my favorite singer and a new area to explore sounds like fun! I am open to a family friendly type of place or nicer. Any suggestions are appreciated.

long island, ny
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jones Beach Hotel

Jones Beach is just a state park with a beach and a boardwalk. there aren't any amusement places, restaurants, bars, etc..like Ocean City Maryland or the Jersey shore.

There is little traffic at night going to a concert. The major traffic delays are earlier in the day from beach go-ers.

The Nautical Mile (Woodcleft Ave) in Freeport has some bars and restaurants to walk around. EB Elliots has decent food. It has been a while since I went down there so I am not sure of what's new.

You could also look into the Point Lookout area for a place to eat. That would be close to the beach and on the water as well.

If you don't want to be by the water and just want to walk around, Rockville Centre would do the trick as well.

Freeport, New York
Destination Expert
for Long Island
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jones Beach Hotel

Which way are you coming to LI? Are you coming through the Bronx or are you taking the ferry? If you are driving down through the Bronx, then it would make sense to stay in western Nassau--either in Rockville Centre or Garden City/Westbury/Carle Place. If you are going to come across by ferry, then it would make sense to stay in eastern Nassau or in even in Suffolk County.

As shoney mentioned, the Nautical Mile in Freeport and Rockville Centre are nice to walk around and eat. We live in Freeport and enjoy the Nautical Mile, but we prefer to eat in Rockville Centre. If you do want more of a beach town, you could also visit Long Beach. There is a nice boardwalk and it is close to restaurants.

Once you decide where you are going to stay, we can suggest some places to eat and some things to do before the concert.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,957 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jones Beach Hotel

Good advice above. Don't know what kind of shopping you want, but the Roosvelt Field Mall with Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Macy's etc. is not that far.

http://www.simon.com/mall/?id=102

The mall is close to the hotels in Westbury/Carle Place/Garden City while Rockville Centre is closer to Jones Beach.

http://goo.gl/maps/1Ne3

Reply to: Jones Beach Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wantagh