We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Autumn in Quseir.

Came here during the first week of November staying as usual at the Flamenco Beach & Resort and diving with the Pharaoh Dive Club. The sea has been rough and I did all the diving at Serib Kebir . While this has been my favored site over the past visits I must admit it starts to get boring. Highlight was the sighting of an enormous Napoleon and several very large Parrot-fish. Had my 100th dive in the Red Sea.

On my last non-dive day the weather calmed down and I went to Abu Sauatir which is also the hotels house-beach for a couple of hours to relax and watch the dive scene. In late afternoon divers and snorkelers reported the sighting of 4 dolphins !

The town was very quiet and most places were closed for the Eid holidays, there are posters everywhere for the upcoming elections.

Weather: blue skies 24 - 27 degree C and windy during the day, cool at night and early mornings about 17, sea temperature 26 , I used a 5 mm long suit but other divers including ladies went in with a shorty. That's it for this year, going into hibernation shall be back in April next year and this time I will visit Wadi Hammamet and the sites at Fawakhir for sure.

1. Re: Autumn in Quseir.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2012, 10:24
Get answers to your questions about El Quseir
Recent Conversations