We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shoes

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
shoes

Can anyone tell me, do us woman need to wear closed in shoes in the evening ? or can we wear sandals !! And also its our 10th anniversary when were out there is there some where special i can take my husband ? I'am now counting......... 31 days to go !!!!!!!

Thank you Cathy

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shoes

No problem at all with ladies wearing sandals in the evening.

You don't say where you are staying so difficult to advise on where to go but hotels usually can arrange something special like dinner on the beach.

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shoes

Thank you for your Quick reply, were staying at the Blumarine, but i will have a word with the hotel

With Thanks Cathy

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shoes

You're welcome Cathy. I'm sure they will do something special for you.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,941 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shoes

AS Mazza has said the dress restrictions are purely for our men folk. Ladies can get away with virtually anything in the evenings except wearing their bikinis to dinner. :-)) I think in general ladies make more of an effort to dress up which is why there are no rules in place for us.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday, Cathy, and a special day on your anniversary!

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shoes

Thank so much and we will have a great time x

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,977 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shoes

BluMarine a is lovely resort Cathy - I'm sure the staff will go out of their way to make sure your anniversary is memorable :)

Dee - I did see a dress code the other week state no mini skirts in the evening - surprised me. Can't remember which hotel it was though!

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shoes

Thank you can't wait now !! And it's a shame I don't have legs for a mini skirt :)

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: shoes

Must admit I cover my legs in the evening either with long skirt or trousers - just to avoid the little mosquitoes, gives them less to go at.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,941 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: shoes

That is a surprise, Bronia, but not applicable to me as there is no way I'd subject other guests to the sight of my legs in a mini skirt. LOL I'd love to know which hotel it is - will keep my eye out for mention of it when looking at websites etc.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shoes

I think it was Le Princd. Didn't apply to me either as (a) I don't wear miniskirts and (b) I only had two pairs of trousers with me.

By the way I got zero mozzie bites during our recent stay (husband got handful and then 2 st airport as unlike me he didn't cream up - I was using Smidge that Midge, a natural repellent, that smells delicious but is extremely bitter to taste - yes I tested that lol).

Get answers to your questions about Anse La Raie
Recent Conversations