We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maritim Hotel

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Maritim Hotel

Our holiday is fast approaching (well ok, still got 102 days to go!!) we are going all inclusive - do we have to wear wristbands?

bradford
Level Contributor
82 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maritim Hotel

Lucky you we have 122 days to go before we get there can't wait

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maritim Hotel

pleased to see I am not the only one doing a countdown!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,999 posts
1,791 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maritim Hotel

There is no need for wristbands in Mauritian hotels. Someone will ask you for your room number when you are dining or before you enter the restaurant and the guest list will have you down as AI.

When ordering drinks, some hotels may ask you to sign a chit and that is linked to a computer which again matches your room number to AI.

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maritim Hotel

we have only 52 days to go not that i am counting so excited after reading all the great reviews

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maritim Hotel

You are very lucky... I am 167 days away from Mauritius... Still dreamin' about Pamplemousse, Flic en Flac, bird watching and waterfalls.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maritim Hotel

We have 10 days to go, stopping off in Dubai first. I am hoping it will be fantastic.

We as part of my birthday celebrations. is it worth mentioning to the hotel beforehand?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,999 posts
1,791 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maritim Hotel

Always

You might get an upgrade in your room!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,546 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maritim Hotel

Hotels usually provide a free bottle of wine and cake for birthdays and anniversaries, so tell them on check in.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maritim Hotel

Junglejess... we are doing Dubai on the way back for a few days! By then think hubby will be ready for a few shops :D

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,546 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maritim Hotel

Dubai is good for a stopover - I do it regularly - but guys be aware that with the poor exchange rate you wont find it cheap at all.....one example....I bought a sisley eye pencil in Dubai and one in Mauritius and the one I bought in Mauritius was 3 times cheaper. I have had some good bargains in Dubai's H&M and GAP sales though, paying smilar prices to the UK but with greater choice.

Enjoy Dubai - its an experience!

Buy your wine etc in duty free arrivals as the prices in hotels for booze is astronomical and theres no where else you can buy it - ie you cant buy in supermarkets etc.

Bronia :)

Get answers to your questions about Balaclava