We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maritim - some questions

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Maritim - some questions

Hi

3 weeks now and most definately counting. Can anybody tell me what the evening dress code at the Maritim is? Are shorts OK for men or should they think about casual trousers?

Not too worried about my own dress code, I think we have it easier.

Are there 3 pin UK sockets in the Maritim or should I take some adapters as well?

Thanks

Vava Voom
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Speed Boats Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,589 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maritim - some questions

Most Mauritius hotels require men to wear long pants and closed shoes for dinner. Can't imagine that the Maritim would be any different. As you say, ladies have it much easier.

I'd take an adaptor to be on the safe side.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maritim - some questions

Hi, Long trousers are definitely required in the evening, however my husband has never had an issue with wearing smart sandals as opposed to shoes.

There are a couple of 3 pin plug sockets in the rooms but we always take spare adaptors and usually need them for the usual charging of electric equipment, plus hairdryer/tongs....etc.

Hope this helps!

Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maritim - some questions

What type of adaptors do they use? I go in 8 weeks on Sunday :)

Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maritim - some questions

What type of adaptors do they use? I go in 8 weeks on Sunday :)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
42,004 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maritim - some questions

Most power points are square 3 pin BS ones but you also get roun two prong ones - mainly for appliances like electrical mozzie mats.

All hotels provide an adaptor but you can buy one for less than £1 at all supermarkets here.

See FAQ's to the top right of the main Mauritius forum page - there's an item about electrical appliances.

London, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maritim - some questions

For the main restaurant most men wore jeans/trousers, but definitely not shorts. In the a la carte ones it was more like smart casual (chinos or trousers) For the expensive one Chateau Mon Desir, its is definitely smart casual - shirts, trousers and shoes for gents, and dresses for the ladies.

London, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maritim - some questions

As regards adapters/sockets, there was one UK spec 3 pin socket in the room (Privilege), and several European standard 2 pin. We took several adapters which worked fine. You'll have a great time at the Maritim

Edited: 26 July 2013, 16:36
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maritim - some questions

I contacted the Virgin Rep and she confirmed the smart trousers and shirts rule. That meant a quick rummage through teenage wardrobes but we are OK! I am sure I read on a review somewhere that men were in shorts though and the reviewer thought it unfair that the dress code was not imposed. I don't think we will bother with Mon Desir, I think it will be too expensive even with an AI allowance.

We are staying in Junior Suites :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maritim - some questions

Just as a guide, the Mon Desir cost an extra £100 for four people with wine on top of the AI allowance of £85.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maritim - some questions

Ouch, I hope you found it worth the extra.

Is it possible to stay within the AI allowances quite easily? I really dont want to have a big credit card bill ar the end. I stayed AI in Spain once and you could basically eat and drink all day and night. Some people did as well!

Get answers to your questions about Balaclava