We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

6 posts
Save Topic
Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

Really hope someone can help us, tried e-mailing hotel but have not had a response yet and need to make a decision in the next couple of days. Could anyone let me know whether the buffet restaurant serves french fries, Plain grilled chicken, steaks, pizzas, burgers and that kind of thing on a daily basis? We have fussy children and would hate to spend so much money for them to not find anything they like. Also on all inclusive option are icecreams available throughout the day? Is there any kind of mini shop on site to buy icecreams, chocolate etc?

Can children aged 16 and 13 use the gym with parental supervision?

We want to book two Colonial Style Prestige rooms, not on the ground floor, does anyone know if these are available in interconnecting format?

Lastly, (sorry for so many questions!), booking would be for August. we have researched temperatures but just wanted opinions - Europe is too hot for me in August and I know its Cooler here but would it still be hot enough to sunbathe, use the pool and swim in the sea - used to british summer temperatures! Hope someone can help, many thanks in advance

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

I haven't stayed at the Maritim but can tell you that all the hotels we've stayed at have always had pizza and a variety of plain foods as well as more exotic dishes available at every meal. You can try sending a PM to someone who has reviewed the hotel recently for more clarity.

Weather wise, I've stayed further south at Le Morne in August and it was warm enough to swim in the sea every day and get a good tan. So Maritim should be fine as it gets warmer the further north you travel in Mauritius.

Can't help you with the ice cream question, I'm afraid.

6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

Hi Dee that's a great help, thank you for taking the time to reply. I know weather temperature is a very personal opinion but every opinion helps:-) My husband and myself like most foods and aren't fussy at all but you do worry about kids finding something they like when it's All Inclusive and you cant just pop out and get something somewhere else! Thanks again.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

I'm not an adventurous eater at all and was a bit worried before our first trip but soon found that there is such a huge variety of food at the buffet that I can always find something to my liking. Plus I can be brave and try new things if I feel like it! Your kids may surprise you.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,065 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

I'm a vegetarian with a nut and kiwi allergy and when ever I couldnt find anything suitable at the buffet the chef would cook me things like chips and omelette - just ask should you have any problems.

IME they dont always have chips on the buffet menus.

6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

Hi Bronia, I think I'm going to just book and hope for the best! They will eat plain grilled or cooked meat but nothing in a sauce or with anything on it. They'll have to fill up on bread:-) Thanks for posting.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,065 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

Just ask for chips and they will get them ;)

Toasted sandwiches etc!

Port Louis
Level Contributor
137 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

Just to ease your decision and to reassure, Maritime is really a good place. You even get the change to dine on the beach - taking into consideration no rain of course...

You can also check here for the amenities:

maritim.com/en/…hotel-mauritius

8. Re: Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 11:05
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,065 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

FastrackT please be aware that you are not allowed to advertise your business on this forum - its against TA posting guidelines and your post will be removed.

10. Re: Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 11:05
Get answers to your questions about Balaclava