We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling alone- best things to do while there

Scotland
8 posts
Save Topic
travelling alone- best things to do while there

hi,

I'll be travelling to Mauritius on the 23rd of June by myself. Is there anything/ places etc that people recommend for solo travellers?

Thanks

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling alone- best things to do while there

When i was looking to go on my own, I looked at the Grand Baie area, as it had lots of places to eat , people selling trips and buses etc , but I am sure someone with much more local knowledge than me will be along soon to help you.

Deb

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,398 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling alone- best things to do while there

I haven't traveled solo to Mauritius but can highly recommend the full day catamaran trips from Grand Baie to the northern islands as a fun filled excursion. Lunch and all drinks are included in the price. There is good snorkeling off the boat when anchored at either Flat Island or Gabriel Island. We met lots of lovely people on the two trips we did.

As Deb mentioned above there are lots of operators selling these trips in Grand Baie so shop around for the best price.

3. Re: travelling alone- best things to do while there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Balaclava