We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunbathing merville

Which Grand Baie hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
sunbathing merville

Hi there

I have booked the merville for honeymoon in summer after reading all these great reviews.I've just found @ mauritiustourism.co.uk that topless sunbathing is frowned upon although some hotels allow it. I am wondering did anyone out there have any problems sunbathing topless at merville beach cos I love gettin my all over tan.

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunbathing merville

Whilst I can understand that you enjoy getting an all over tan, you should remember that you are a visitor to another country that has people of religions that frown upon showing too much flesh in public and should therefore respect their values and perhaps decline from sun bathing topless. The beaches by the hotels are all public beaches so perhaps cover up rather than offend the locals. Otherwise you might be better sticking to europe.

N. Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sunbathing merville

If you want to sunbathe topless, go to Ibiza or somewhere in the Med. I'm not a prude but I don't particularly want to look at a pair of baps all day long at the Merville! You really should respect the fact that other people are there too, and also the fact the peoples' culture/religion in Mauritius may differ from yours.

dewsbury uk
Level Contributor
590 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunbathing merville

They might not like topless sunbathing but dont worry,they wont have any problems taking your money

Get answers to your questions about Grand Baie