I am planning for my honeymoon in Mauritius in the 1st week of May.
I have listed out the priorities that me and my fiance were thinking about and weighing our options about the hotels in Mauritius.
1. We were looking for a four star decent hotel.
2. Hotel should be well connected to the rest of the island.
3. It should be near the market area and social life of Mauritius. Preferably in the range of walking distance.
4. Closer to bus stop as it is the cheaper mean of transportation in Mauritius.
5. A place where we would get option of local travel agents such as for the selection of catamaran cruise so we don't have to be entirely dependent on the hotel itself.
After considering all these points we decided on staying in the Grand Baie area as it fulfills all the requirements.
In Grand Baie we decided on booking ‘Le Mauricia” in Grand Baie after reading all the helpful discussions in trip advisor. We also checked Le canonier but we were not much impressed by their beach as we thought it to be too rocky. Also nowadays Canonier is not receiving much good traveler reviews.
Unfortunately we got the reply that the booking for Le Mauricia is full. Now we are confused as what other options are there which would fulfill these conditions.
Seeking your guidance.