We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamaran Cruise with my 21 month kid??

Hyderabad
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Catamaran Cruise with my 21 month kid??

Hi! I am planning a trip to Mauritius with my wife and 21 month kid this August.

Since Mauritius is incomplete without Catamaran cruise, Is it safe to take my kid along on the cruise, as he loves to play in the water??

Also what are the essentials that need to be taken on the cruise..

Kindly help!!

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catamaran Cruise with my 21 month kid??

Why are you taking a baby goat on a catamaran or do you mean you are taking your child?

Well, do you as the child's parents think taking a toddler on a busy catamaran where there is very limited seating where people are dancing and drinking a good idea?

It is not playing in the water, it is sailing on the Indian Ocean!

No one can tell you if it is appropriate to take a very small child on a boat trip, you as his parents have to make that decision that is if indeed the Catamaran company let a child that young aboard.

Deb

England, United...
Level Contributor
12,373 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catamaran Cruise with my 21 month kid??

Deb... I couldn't have put it any better myself!

Who does the OP think will be responsible/liable if their toddler gets injured,or is sick, or screams the whole day because the boat ride isn't pleasant for them?

My darling granddaughter is 3, and we wouldn't DREAM of taking her out on a catamaran for a day.. We think twice about letting her in a paddling pool...

I do wonder sometimes... I really do.

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catamaran Cruise with my 21 month kid??

Mondial, my grandson is also 3 and before I answered this question I thought would I take him on this trip and the answer is a big fat no!

Im not even allowed to take him to a football game until he is 5 :(

I also despair of people and common sense, but at end of the day it is their child and if they think it is approaite parenting to take such a small child on a trip in middle of ocean with no shade or seating and adults drinking having a good time, down to them.

Deb

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,157 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catamaran Cruise with my 21 month kid??

Totally agree with you Mondial and Seska, Boat trips and small children do not mix, I wouldn't be taking my grandchildren either and they're older than than OP's toddler.

5. Re: Catamaran Cruise with my 21 month kid??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Grand Baie
Recent Conversations