We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ice in drinks

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
ice in drinks

Hi going next week excited but nervous never been before .Is it safe to have ice cubes in your drink also will we need upset stomach tablets.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,360 posts
1,841 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ice in drinks

I have had no need to take anything for upset stomachs, then again I am a fussy eater.

I do take ice with drinks.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ice in drinks

I've been four times and had plenty of ice without any troubles so you should be fine. I usually travel with the necessary medication for tummy problems but have never had to use it.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ice in drinks

Thanks peeps I will take some just incase

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ice in drinks

Agree - rather be safe than sorry.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ice in drinks

Most better restaurants and hotels would use purified water. Nothing worse than a review stating you got sick at a certain hotel. But out in the countryside, if you're doing 'cultural tourism' I'd be more cautious. We just got home after 3 months, and I got sick 3 times. Not to the extreme, just mild stuff. I have a sensitive gut. Always it was at private homes. They really do try, but that last minute cup of water to make a curry watier did it. My wife wasn't affected at all.

Edited: 24 March 2013, 00:13
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,575 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ice in drinks

I never drink tap water, only bottled, but I'm the same in the UK!

Avoid tap water especially after heavy rains and cyclones.

I also use bottled water for my ice cubes! :)

7. Re: ice in drinks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Grand Gaube